Event Calendar PRO downloadable update Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar PRO downloadable update Issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    First United
    Participant

I have downloaded the files associated with the new version of Event Calendar PRO and am attempting to manually upload via FTP… however, the folder is named the same as my “The Event Calendar” plugin folder. I don’t want to overwrite my files since the update is not for that plugin, it is for the PRO plugin. Are these downloaded files even correct?

Also, my license for Event Calendar PRO is registering INVALID. Please advise, this issue is causing preventing me from using this plugin in connection with my GCal and I obviously need it fixed.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi There,

I’m happy to help out here. 🙂

You’ll need to make sure you go to the account area here and ensure that you’re downloading the package labelled, “Events Calendar PRO,” under the heading, “Premium Plugins.”

You can install the plugin by going to your WP Admin dashboard, and choosing “Plugins>Add New>Upload Plugin” You don’t have to install it via FTP. 🙂 There’s more on the process of installing it here in the new user primer.

If you’ve been through this process, and you’re still having issues with your licensing, we handle licensing issues via email, and you can get in touch via the form here, by selecting “trouble accessing my account” from the drop down. 🙂

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need clarification on any of this.

Best,

Shelby 🙂

First United
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Do you have to have a license for both Calendar PRO and Aggregator in order to properly use the Aggregator features? This is the issue I think we are having actually.

Our Aggregator license and initial import worked great, but it is no longer importing on a regular basis as it has been set to do… I feel this is because we do not have a valid license for event calendar PRO, correct?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello First United,

Sorry for the delay in the reply, Shelby has been held up unexpectedly and I’m jumping in to help out.

Sorry about your importing issue. To clarify and reassure you, you <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>only</span> need a valid Event Aggregator license to be able to import with EA. The PRO license is not needed at all.

You need the PRO license only to be eligible for automatic updates of Events Calendar PRO. Also, it is recommended to keep all plugins up to date as the combination of a newer version of The Events Calendar and an older version of Events Calendar PRO can produce glitches and bugs.

Speaking of updates: we had an issue with Event Aggregator where some automatic imports didn’t run automatically. We have fixed that bug in the most recent 4.5.4 version. Please update The Events Calendar and let us know if you still have the issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar PRO downloadable update Issue’ is closed to new replies.