Event Cal and Event Cal Pro Version Conflict?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Cal and Event Cal Pro Version Conflict?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hosmer
    Participant

For years we have used EC and ECPro on our website, and have always known that in order for the calendar to work properly we must be running the same version of event calendar and event calendar PRO. Now, they are no longer matching versions, so when you update to the most recent version of each, the entire site goes offline with a 500 error.

We have it working, kind of, both of the plugins are on version 4.1. If I update the site breaks and in v. 4.1 “Month view” is broken in WP 4.8.3 does anyone have insight into a fix for this? Or experienced a similar issue?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Greg and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced while trying to update.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

in order for the calendar to work properly we must be running the same version of event calendar and event calendar PRO

This rule has now being replaced with versions of the plugins that were released approximately around the same time.

Now, they are no longer matching versions, so when you update to the most recent version of each, the entire site goes offline with a 500 error.

A 500 error is definitely not something we want our customers to be experiencing.

With that in mind, there could be many causes for it.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Can you also tell me which version you were upgrading from ?
    Would you also happen to have access to a staging/test environment to test the upgrades ?

If I update the site breaks and in v. 4.1 “Month view” is broken in WP 4.8.3 does anyone have insight into a fix for this? Or experienced a similar issue?

That is most likely because 4.1 is about 2 years old.
    As you can imagine, we have to keep updating our plugins to reflect changes made in WordPress (as it changes versions as well).

So in a way that means you can extend our plugins compatibility rules.
    Our plugins need to be run with a more or less “matching version” of WordPress (released around the same time).

Could you tell me if you have any customizations for our plugins in your WordPress theme ? (either in functions.php or the  /tribe-events/ folder)

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Cal and Event Cal Pro Version Conflict?’ is closed to new replies.