Event already imported. Error message

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Event already imported. Error message

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

when attempting to import via Import or Legacy import I’m getting the above error message. However, the event is not amongst the list of events on my site.

I’ve looked through all my events, including the deleted ones, & can’t see that Eventbrite ID.
    How can I remedy ?

Thanks

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Paul!

I’m not seeing any images or pasted text in your post showing an error message. Can you upload a screenshot of the error you are seeing?

Thanks,
    Sky

Paul
    Participant

Hi Sky, the error is simply..

‘Event already imported’, displayed at top of page when I attempt to import or legacy import

I’ve looked through all events and can’t find one with the same Eventbrite ID. So unsure why I get this issue.

I cloned the event in Eventbrite, to force it to appear under a new Eventbrite ID, & I was able to successfully import that.

Sky
    Keymaster

Paul,

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Can you check a few things out?

1) Are the existing events possibly in your “Events Trash?”
    2) Can you tell me what is set in Events > Settings > Imports > “Event Update Authority?”

Thanks,
    Sky

Paul
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I did wonder about trashed items – but no, it’s not in their either. I emptied trash just to be 100% sure.

Under Event update authority – ‘Overwrite my event with changes from original source’

Sky
    Keymaster

Paul,

Thanks for checking on that. Can you please go through the steps in our Testing for Conflicts Guide to make sure this is not due to a theme or plugin conflict?

If that doesn’t change anything, can you upload the file that you are trying to import from? I’d like to try it out in my text environment to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
    Sky

Paul
    Participant

Hi Sky. As I’ve worked around this issue now, I don’t have the means to recreate it either – having deleted the problematic Eventbrite event.

I don’t believe it is a plugin issue as it only affected this one event.

Anyway – until next time! Thanks 🙂

Sky
    Keymaster

Great! Glad the issue is resolved.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event already imported. Error message’ is closed to new replies.