Event Aggregator Server Issue – Cannot run scheduled imports

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Server Issue – Cannot run scheduled imports

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Courtney

Hey Michelle

Our Event Aggregator server, which processes the imports before they reach your client’s site, was down as part of Dreamhost’s DDoS attack yesterday. We did push an update out for The Events Calendar last evening, which hopefully addresses some of this issue. Can you check for that update and see if the issue persists?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle
    Participant

When I try to manually run one of my scheduled imports I am still getting the following error:

Successfully queued 1 scheduled import

Then on the history page shows that the import has failed

This is after I have run the plugin update.

rudiclausen
    Participant

Still the same issue here – any tips on what to do as on your own test-environments, the issue should be fixed already – getting a bit crisis here now to be honest!! Rudi

Courtney

Hi Michelle and Rudi

I completely understand your frustrations. I know our team is still hard at work on fixing even more issues that we found with Event Aggregator. I’m so sorry for the delays. We will notify you as soon as we possibly can.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Is there any update on the fix?

This issue has gone on for a while now and has put me off of purchasing any further add-ons and products from yourselves as effectively one of your premium services has not been working for at least the past month.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Courtney

Hi Michelle

We did ship an update out that appears to have resolved this issue. We do have a few related Event Aggregator bugs yet in the system, but are “all hands on deck” at resolving these. We are working aggressively to making this service the best possible experience that it can be.

I’m so sorry for the experiences you’ve had lately. We definitely want to improve that.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle
    Participant

When is the issue around scheduling imports going to be fixed?

Trying to manually run scheduled imports just says they have been queued and then nothing happens.

I do not have time to manually do each event or re add my list of facebook page every time I want to import events – if I did I wouldn’t have paid for this plug-in which was meant to make things easier.

Courtney

Hi Michelle

I’m sorry for the delayed response. I’ve just returned from family vacation, and will be on hand to help handle this matter. While I was out, I discovered that the fix we pushed resolved the matter for some users, and not others. I know how frustrating this must be. Unfortunately, I do not have a more clear answer to share other than we are still working as fast as we can to resolve this issue.

I really hope to have better news to share soon.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Nico

Hi,

Thanks for the patience here! A new maintenance release + 2 hotfixes for Events Aggregator were released last week. More information in the release notes and hotfix notes.

We have been doing extensive tests on the scheduled imports issue, but we cannot reproduce the issue unfortunately which makes it difficult to work on a fix for it. Using the database dump of one of our customer we could pint-point a side issue which fix can help with the issue (this patch was released in the hotfix). If you are still still experiencing difficulties with Scheduled Imports, the next step would be to have a database dump of the site with the issues so we can inspect it and try to find the culprit (be sure to mark the reply as private if you send the dump).

To re-test this on your site, follow these steps:
    – Update The Events Calendar to the latest version 4.5.12.2.
    – Delete one of the scheduled imports.
    – Re-create the scheduled import and monitor the results in the History tab.

Truly hope this helps, but if not we will firmly continue to help 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Server Issue – Cannot run scheduled imports’ is closed to new replies.