Event Aggregator: Overwriting previously imported items issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator: Overwriting previously imported items issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joanna
    Participant

Hi,
    I notice duplicate events on my site alot, and saw from a past closed thread(https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-aggregator-overwriting-previuosly-imported-items) that basically there is no answer to this besides manually deleting any duplicate events, or events that were canceled/deleted (on facebook for example).

Is this still the only solution, manually deleting when either instance occurs with aggregate imports?

Courtney

Hello Joanna

Unfortunately, yes, this is the best way to deal with existing duplicates.

However, you can prevent duplicates from happening possibly by going to Events » Settings » Imports » Event Update Authority. Do you have “Do not re-import events. Changes made locally will be preserved” selected?

Does the same thing happen when you have all other plugins disabled and a default theme in place?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Joanna
    Participant

Hi,
    I did switch to “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.” only because I was worried that event updates like a picture update wouldn’t be updated.

I think the wording “changes made locally will be preserved” confused me a little – I wasn’t sure if that meant that it would not touch any existing events, or if it would only overwrite changes to the local version..

Do you happen to know exactly?

(I wish it would just be clarified exactly if changes were updated/overwritten like it does in FTP, where only newly dated files will be updated vs everything will be updated by overwriting entirely)

Thank you for your help!

Courtney

Hi Joanna

Changes made locally would be things such as if you change the time on your own site and haven’t yet updated Facebook with that. On the next scan, it would be overwritten on your site. Only newly dated files will be updated, and only events with changes will be impacted. That said, I’d still suggest getting everything set properly on Facebook upon event creation.

Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator: Overwriting previously imported items issues’ is closed to new replies.