Event Aggregator: Overwriting previuosly imported items

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator: Overwriting previuosly imported items

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fishcamphhi
    Participant

I recently started using Event Aggregator to sync our Google Calendar events to our website. We have a lot of live music, and bands often cancel, so it is really important that the Event Aggregator remove events that are no longer on our Google Calendar during each scheduled import. However, this is not the case. In the history section of the plugin, the most recent import is showing as processed, items updated, yet bands that had been removed from the Google calendar are still showing in my Events list, and some events are being duplicated since they were on the Google calendar, removed for a schedule change, and then re-added later. So, in a nutshell, it seems as if the Aggregator isn’t removing events that are no longer on the Google calendar, so updates are not properly being aggregated, and updated events that are re-added to the Google calendar are showing as a duplicate (two different events on the same date).

Hunter

Welcome back 🙂

At this time, the only way to delete events from your WordPress site is to do so manually. I thought we had that feature on the radar, but I’m not able to find anything. I’ll go ahead and log a feature report for the developers to review. To request additional features in the future, I recommend visiting our UserVoice Feature Ideas. It might be best you submit a request, too. The more eyes you can get on the matter, the better. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you at this time.

In regards to the duplicate events: I believe the first and last sets of duplicate events highlighted in the screenshot you shared with me got imported multiple times because there was a change in the event title. For the “Kyle Wareham” event, I’m not exactly sure what the deal is.

It might be best you set up a fresh WordPress installation where you can fully troubleshoot the issue. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites for more information. It’s recommended the test site has only the WordPress default theme and The Events Calendar installed. WP Crontrol is also permissible in this situation and might be useful to help gain more information on the failed imports.

It would also be helpful if you could send over your System Information as a private reply. Include a link to the Google Calendar and a screenshot of the scheduled import rules you have set. Lastly, include a screenshot of your Events > Imports screen and I’ll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thank you and have a good evening 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator: Overwriting previuosly imported items’ is closed to new replies.