Event Aggregator Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Not Working

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Jensen
    Participant

They supposedly fixed that last week so I think we should be good there.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

The imports I created yesterday appear to be working. I’ll keep an eye on them.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Got this error while trying to import this https://www.facebook.com/pg/MJCardsandComics/

There was an error fetching the results from your import: Connection timed out while transferring the feed. If you are dealing with large feeds you may need to customize the tribe_aggregator_connection_timeout filter.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for keeping us posted about your imports.

The error you are getting could relate to a slow connection, a large number of events to import or just a glitch that can sometimes occur. The import is basically taking longer than expected, thus reaching the time limit set to wait for the events to be fetched.

If you bump into that error more often, please try adding the following code snippet into your active theme’s functions.php file:

add_action( 'tribe_aggregator_connection_timeout', function(){ return 120; } );

The above code will double to amount of time to wait for the import to arrive, thus reducing the chances to get the error. Let me know how this goes.

As for the missing imports, I got in touch with the dev team and they will further look into this issue, for which I have created a report and link it to this thread. It may take us some time to get a resolution but I’ll make sure to keep you posted once we have an update.

Just to gather more information about this, do you recall performing a certain action in your site before the scheduled imports disappeared? Perhaps installing or activating a new plugin?

I apologise for the inconveniences and we’d appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Just got this error while importing events.

{“success”:false,”data”:{“message”:”A record already exists with these settings, click here to edit it<\/a>.”}}

Yes, as previously mentioned, I installed WP Fastest Cache Options.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for following up with this.

The error message you are getting might be because you are trying to schedule an import that is already created in your database, thus warning you about it. What happens if you click the “click here to edit” ? Are you able to edit that scheduled import and then save it? Please let me know.

I tried running some tests with scheduled imports and WP Fastest Cache, but I could not replicate the issue myself. Could you please send me a screenshot of the WP Fastest Cache Options so I can try to reproduce your issue? This will help us determine if there is a conflict with the WP Fastest Cache plugin.

Thanks,
    Victor

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for sending over the screenshots.

I made several tests with the WP Fastest Cache options you sent but unfortunately I could not reproduce the missing imports.

Going back to one of your previous replies, you mentioned to have installed and activated these plugins > https://premium.wpmudev.org/. Could you please share a copy of those plugins you installed (in a private reply) and if you performed a specific action before your imports disappeared? We’ll try to run some tests with them to see if we can find any conflicts.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michelle!

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

After further investigation, we could not reproduce this issue on our end.

There is no part of our code where we set the ping_status to closed. The fact that you have reported this happening on a specific date and not anymore after that makes us think this might have been caused by a third-party plugin.

Do you know if any of the plugins you have installed deals with “ping_status” or, as commonly known, discussion settings? This could have triggered the scheduled imports records changing their ping_status in the database somehow.

Please let us know about it so we can dig a little deeper into this issue and see if we can come up with a workaround for it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Not Working’ is closed to new replies.