Event Aggregator not importing ANYTHING from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator not importing ANYTHING from Facebook

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jeremy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant

I read “https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/” but even the imports that should still work, such as importing from FB pages, no longer work for me. I tried to import from this page: https://www.facebook.com/siamamatuzungidifans/.
    How is “importing from event feeds” different from importing all the events from a FB page? How can I try to import from that FB page’ event feed?
    Also, you say, “We can only import from single event pages (facebook.com/events/123456789) if the connected account has clicked the “Interested” button for that event. How do I make my website “GlobalTwinCities.com the “connected account” for the events I want to import, so that I can click on “Interested” before I try to import.
    Thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

I can confirm that we’ve recently experienced some issues with our Event Aggregator servers that might have cause delays when previewing your imports as well as failed imports.

We’ve just released a fix to address this issue, so things should be back to normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try your imports again and let us know if they work on your end.

Thanks,
    Victor

Jeremy
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    The update worked for a day. I appreciate all of your hard work on this – I am sure that dealing with Facebook’s changes must be a nightmare.
    Your latest update says:
    “First, some good news! It will generally still be possible to import events so long as:
    You have indicated that you are interested in an event, or you have confirmed that you are/are not going to attend
    If you have connected Event Aggregator to Facebook using the same account that you used to indicate interest in the event.”

I have tried to import events that I have indicated interest in, but it isn’t working.

As far as I know, I only have one Facebook account – my personal account, (Jeremy Iggers) but I manage / admin several pages and groups. How can I tell whether I have connected Event Aggregator to Facebook using the same account that I used to indicate interest in the event?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for following up with this topic.

Unfortunately, due to the most recent restrictions from Facebook, Event Aggregator is effectively blocked from importing events from Facebook.

We’ve set up the following page where you can get up-to-date information on the current status of Event Aggregator’s service > https://theeventscalendar.com/event-aggregator-status/

You might have received an email from us telling you about the current situation.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Don’t hesitate to follow up with any questions you may have.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator not importing ANYTHING from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.