Event Aggregator Not Importing all the Information (Venue Address and Images)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Not Importing all the Information (Venue Address and Images)

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Manuel.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Manuel
    Participant

I’ve been researching on the support forum regarding this issue and I notice it’s taking hold on this particular plugin.

It has effected my imports where important event info such as the map, and images, do not display on my calendar.

The plugin is connected to Facebook and I am within my importing limits.

I just purchased this plugin less than a week ago.

How do I go about amending this issue?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel!

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

Facebook recently announced a range of changes to their APIs (the protocols we use to ‘speak’ to their servers and retrieve event information) which are having an affect on Event Aggregator users.

As a result, some Facebook imports that previously worked are not currently possible. Further details can be found in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/ We will keep you updated as the situation develops.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Manuel
    Participant

Ok. However, I do not see anything being described in regards to not importing the address of the venue. It seems to be missing on my end. Any reason for why this is happening?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel!

Thanks for following up with this.

Could you please share with us the Facebook URL from where you are not able to import the venue address?

I’ll run some test on my end and see what I can find.

Thanks,
    Victor

Manuel
    Participant

The venue address has been fixed once the events have been refreshed/imported.

Any updates when the featured images will be added again?

Or any plugins I could use to create a fallback image based on tags/categories?

Thanks.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel!

Glad to know about the venue address.

As for the featured image, we have made a few improvements and fixes on the Event Aggregator server side that should now make possible to import them, but only if the event is public.

You can see all the updates in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/

Please let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

Manuel
    Participant

Ok, yes, I see featured images are being added now. Things are going good!

One more thing I am noticing, when I am attempting to add a new event link to import or to re-import an existing scheduled event; the loading prompt continues to cycle without loading/updating the events.

Manuel
    Participant

Here is the prompt I get when it times out:

There was an error fetching the results from your import: There was a problem processing your import. Please try again.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel!

Thanks for following up with this.

Good to know about the images are being imported for you.

As for the time out problem, I can confirm that we’ve recently experienced some issues with our Event Aggregator servers that might have cause delays when previewing your imports as well as failed imports.

That is now addressed so things should be back to normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try your imports again and let us know if they work on your end.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Not Importing all the Information (Venue Address and Images)’ is closed to new replies.