Event Aggregator multiple problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator multiple problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eva
    Participant

Hi there, I bought a Licence for EA almost a year a go and I am very unsatisfied with the product. The first couple of months, the extension would randomly stop working, not recognizing the licence etc. Since it was a new extension, I thought that it was launched too early and poorly tested, but trusted that eventually you would get around to resolve all these problems. At some point it the problem with the disappearing licence was resolved, so at least it was sort of useable.

After some months during with I was very busy and could not go through the process of updating the plugin which I cusomized for my site, I finally found the time to do it, hoping that I would find it perfectly working now, but no: the problems are the same.

-events from some scheduled facebook imports don’t get imported (I have exactly 100 scheduled imports and don’t import by hand)
    -some events get imported several times
    -events that are marked as recurring or have a duration get imported several times (instead of importing with a date range)
    -ignoring events only works if nothing has been edited in the title (facebook provides an ID for every event, why don’t you use it?)
    -managing scheduled imports is a nightmare: the pagination doesn’t work properly, it is not possible to search scheduled imports, duplicates are not recognized.

Before I bought the EA license, I used a facebook import tool that I wrote myself and that generated CSV, not a perfect solution, but still better than EA. I will definitely not renew my license and go back to using my own solution. Very disappointed.

Hi Eva,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your feedback on our products!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

In addition, can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual? Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Eva
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Eva,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information, we appreciate your feedback.

Would you mind being more specific about the usability issues that you are seeing?  I’m not sure if there is a whole lot that we can do to address these issues if the behavior on your site is working as expected.

You can also add these ideas to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Can you update your WordPress version to the most recent version (4.9.4) and test again?

In addition, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see.

As for your Facebook events, if you go to Events Settings < Imports, what is your Import Date Range Limit?  By default, this is set to one month.  This means that events more than one month in the future will not be imported.  You can change this setting to increase the date range if you’d like.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator multiple problems’ is closed to new replies.