Event Aggregator limited reached within license

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator limited reached within license

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nadia Boltes
    Participant

Hey, it seems our Aggregator produced a problem.

We currently have a license for 200 imports and have 177 Facebook-pages listed, which we crawl on a daily basis. Since a couple of days the aggregator produces an error message for most pages, saying that we have reached our daily limit of ‘1’ and we should try again.

The import of some pages work, but it doesn’t for most. Additonally, manual singular import doesn’t work either. The error message will always say that the preview doesn’t have any data to import.

We’ve updated both the WP (4.9.5) and the The Events Calendar PRO (4.4.24.2.)

We would like to get the issue resolved. Thanks.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/max-imports-reached-in-error/

Courtney

Hi there

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I would venture to guess your pages no longer import because Facebook recently altered their access to event data. We are currently figuring things out as they continue to evolve with the Facebook Privacy Policy. For now, the best places to check in on the status of our plugin’s access to Facebook are https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/ and https://theeventscalendar.com/event-aggregator-status/.

Do you have other imports apart from Facebook?

If your scheduled imports are still working, then you would need an Event Aggregator license to continue to keep those scheduled imports.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Nadia Boltes
    Participant

Hey, this is a massive issue for us. We are running a non-profit event calender for local cultural events. These are 100% imported from Facebook.

Right now it seems no imports are getting done, making our page basically useless. How can we ensure, we are getting updated on the development on this feature? If there is no way Facebook opens its API for your service, we can simply shutdown our service.

If your scheduled imports are still working, then you would need an Event Aggregator license to continue to keep those scheduled imports.

Can you please specify on that?

Thanks.

Courtney

Hi Martin

This is still accurate: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/

So you can import events that you created on Facebook, if you connect Facebook and EA using that same account. In most other cases, imports won’t work. Are you able to verify that you’ve created the events and that your site is connecting to Facebook using your own account?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Nadia Boltes
    Participant

Hey Courtney,

unfortunately our work relies on the import of other pages’ events. This way we provide an overview calender for cultural events in our city. So no, we don’t have our own events.

At the moment I can’t verify that the imports are working again. For the last imports, the system didn’t produce error message for most of the pages. However, within the last 24 hours we still get two different types of error messages for several pages:

1) The import being fetched is not queued up for importing. Please try the import again.

2) The daily limit of 1 import requests with the Event Aggregator was reached. Please try again later. [Quick translation from German]

Also, manual import doesn’t work. The error produced: “The preview doesn’t include data set that can be imported.”

Courtney

Hi Martin

Per Facebook’s most recent terms, only events that you created with your own account will import into your site that is authenticated with the same account. This Facebook change was recently rolled out without advanced notice.

We very much understand how frustrating this can be. I believe the events are not importing because of this change. I tested the link showing in your screenshot with the same results.

We have no further updates about if Facebook will reopen this API to allow us to restore the full functionality.

I so wish that I had better news to share.
    Courtney

Nadia Boltes
    Participant

Hey Courtney,

thanks for your patience. I understand that the functionality is limited due to FBs recent changes in the API-structure. That’s why we currently have these problems.

Two questions:

1) Can you elaborate on the functionality of “my events”? Does the import only work for those events I created with my private account? Does it include events that are created with a page that is connected to my private account? How about FBs function of adding another event to my page? I’ve tried that but it didn’t work either.

2) As it seems you were also overrun by FBs changes in the API policy. Currently your plugins don’t fulfil the function we purchased them for. And with no signs of changes from the side of FB, are you planning some kind of compensation scheme? We just prolonged our licence recently 🙁

Thanks.

Courtney

Hi Martin

Here’s the latest:

Facebook recently announced a range of changes (https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/04/restricting-data-access/) to their APIs (the protocols we use to ‘speak’ to their servers and retrieve event information) which are having an effect on a number of our users.

As part of this a number of new restrictions were applied to their Events API, which is the specific protocol Event Aggregator uses in order to import events, organizers and venues. These changes went live with little notice to providers such as ourselves. At this point, it does not seem possible to reliably import any events, even if you created and ‘own’ events on Facebook and have linked Event Aggregator to Facebook using those same credentials.

This is frustrating for you, and for developers like us.  As Facebook continues to alter what it allows us to access, we will continue to pursue a path forward for Event Aggregator to import Facebook events. We have and will continue to update https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/.

If you interested in a refund, you can fill out the refund form https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/.

We really would like to work with you on this.  Would you be interested in a license for the remaining time for one of our other plugins instead of a refund?

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Nadia Boltes
    Participant

Hey Courtney,

thanks for the reply and the overview on the situation.

We are currently in limbo how to continue on this matter. Our service doesn’t really work these days, so in the end, we could as well shut it down. We will have to go into strategy talks and look for alternatives – but we understand that this is an API-issue and not a Modern Tribe issue.

Thanks for the constant updates on the matter.

Yours

Martin

Courtney

Thanks Martin, we will continue to update our status page as Facebook changes. This is a very unfortunate situation for all of us. We appreciate your business with us, and your understanding on these matters.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator limited reached within license’ is closed to new replies.