Event Aggregator Import Other URL One-time stalled spinning

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Import Other URL One-time stalled spinning

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    caseyghancock
    Participant

*4.5.7 and 4.5.6. I was using 4.5.8 when I first noticed the issue.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for the additional information. Looking at the log file, I fairly certain that doesn’t have anything to do with your issues.

There could be several causes for a problem like this.

1) The plugins themselves
    2) The Plugin settings
    3) The Aggregator Service itself
    4) Your Aggregator license
    5) The site you’re trying to pull events from
    6) Server configuration

I am able to use your Aggregator license on my test site to import the event from the same source. This rules out all but 2 and 6.

To figure out if it’s either of the remaining, I would recommend the following steps.

1) Go to http://poopy.life to create a test site.
    2) Click the “Create” link at the top of the page.
    3) Once your site is created, go to the dashboard and install the Events Calendar.
    4) Add your Aggregator license key.
    5) Try doing the import here.

If it works, try to recreate the settings that you have on your site. If it stops working after changing a particular setting, note what that setting is.

If you replicate all your settings and the test site still works, this means the issue is related to your server or DNS settings, and you will likely need to reach out to your host to figure out the problem. I would double check that there are not any “must use” plugins running that you haven’t troubleshooted, disable/flush any caches, and make sure something hasn’t been added to your .htaccess file that could be causing this.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Sky

caseyghancock
    Participant

I was really hopeful with that but didn’t uncover the magic bullet. Or potion as it were.

I’ll forward your comments to the host support and try again with them.

Thanks!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Were you able to get a test site set up? Did everything work properly there? Did you try replicating all of the Events settings from your live site?

Thanks,
    Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I thought of one more thing you can try. Try installing a transients plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/artiss-transient-cleaner/ and delete all of your transients. This will sometimes resolve weird issues.

Thanks,
    Sky

caseyghancock
    Participant

Clearing the transients didn’t work for me. ?

I also tried deactivating, deleting, and reinstalling the TEC Pro plugin, version 4.3.1, and that didn’t help.

I saw in another where you suggested stopping all import processes. Also no bueno.

caseyghancock
    Participant

Sorry. I just realized that my reply to this from last night didn’t post.

I did get that test site up (awesome service, btw, thanks for telling me about it) and checked as thoroughly as I could to try to replicate all of my settings, but I was never able to replicate my issue.

My host asked me to check with you about any other server or other related requirements that we might need to be looking at. We’ve reviewed the page below, but is there anything else?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-are-the-system-requirements-for-your-plugins/

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m sorry that didn’t help at all. There are no other requirements that I know of for our plugins to work on a given server.

Going back to the 500 error, this means the server is not able to reach the WordPress Ajax file for some reason.

Are you able to import from any other sources? Can you try an “other URL” import from https://wpshindig.com/events/

Can you also try an iCal import with this feed: https://www.officeholidays.com/ics/ics_country_code.php?iso=US

Thanks,
    Sky

caseyghancock
    Participant

I tried those two suggestions, but alas, no dice.

I’d previously tried to import this event (and others from this site). I think this uses a free version of TEC on WordPress.com.

Simply Christmas Exhibit at the Hartsville Museum

With regards to that AJAX file, what can I check into there?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

The issues that I have seen with that were due to security rules that were put in place by either a plugin or in the server configuration. The WordPress ajax file is located in the “WP Admin” folder. Sometimes people will block access to the WP Admin directory from the front end as a security precaution. One place such a rule could be placed is in the .htaccess file. It’s worth checking to make sure there’s nothing out of the ordinary going on in there.

Other times I have seen the error, it was just plugin conflict.

Thanks,
    Sky

caseyghancock
    Participant

I didn’t see anything suspicious in .htacess, but I forwarded your comments to the host to see if they can help.

In the meantime, I found this in the “History” tab in the import tool

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_info() on null in /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/List_Table.php:471 Stack trace: #0 /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1249): Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Record__List_Table->column_source(Object(WP_Post)) #1 /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1192): WP_List_Table->single_row_columns(Object(WP_Post)) #2 /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1180): WP_List_Table->single_row(Object(WP_Post)) #3 /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1165): WP_List_Table->display_rows() #4 /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1097): WP_List_Table->display_rows_or_placeholder() #5 /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/w in /home/hartwjob/public_html/visithartsvillesc.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/List_Table.php on line 471

caseyghancock
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for providing the log files. We were able to identify a fatal error in there that is a legitimate bug on our end. However, I’m not sure if this is the cause of your problem, or just something that surfaces when something else is failing.

I have created a bug ticket for the error. Our developers will take a look at it and and get it in line for fixing. We don’t have any other reports like this, so this seems to be an edge case. It may take a while to figure out since there is only one example to provide data from.

Unfortunately, this is not going to help your issue in the meantime.

Other things I can suggest:

* Try reverting to a previous version of the Events Calendar Plugin(s) to see if that resolves the issue temporarily.

* Try importing from the site’s iCal feed. In Events > Imports, create an iCalendar feed with the url like so: https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/event/fall-festival-of-choral-music/?ical=1

To get more events at once like that, you can use https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=list

I will attach this thread to the bug ticket and set it as “pending fix”, and when that issue is fixed we will follow up with you here.

Try the other things I suggested and let me know if you have any luck with that.

Thanks,
    Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Something else just came to my attention. Do you have old scheduled imports for Facebook from before we lost facebook support? If you look in Events > Settings > Imports > Scheduled Imports, do the numbers that show at the top match the imports you can see? Does it show a number for facebook?

Thanks,
    Sky

caseyghancock
    Participant

Hello. Good news this time.

Those other troubleshooting ideas didn’t help, but I updated to 4.6.24.1 this morning and that seems to have done the trick!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Import Other URL One-time stalled spinning’ is closed to new replies.