Event aggregator do not import images from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event aggregator do not import images from Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    netavis
    Participant

Featured photos are not being pulled from the facebook event. The Event aggregator do not work.

Are you working on this? When is a solution ready?. The issue has been a problem for almost two weeks now.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue as well. We unfortunately are aware of this problem with Facebook images not importing.

The good news is that we are already working on it and we are aiming to ship a fix for it in our next week’s maintenance release of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the bug report. We will let you know as soon as a fix is released.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Victor

netavis
    Participant

NEXT WEEK?

Wow, that means that if we actually get this plugin to work we can experience 2-3 weeks response on serious problems like this?

jskk123
    Participant

I agree with Netavis. Waiting WEEKS for a fix is unacceptable, especially a bug like this. Needless to say, I have the same issue.

Once again I have to voice my frustration with “updates” constantly breaking basic functionality. This happens over and over and over. I don’t understand why we are paying for this plugin when we seem to be your beta testers. Seems like we should be getting FREE plugins for putting up with this. I LOVE your product when it works, but I constantly wonder if you test before releasing updates. Having been a tester for one of the world’s largest software companies in my distant past, I know it’s not that hard to run through basic functionality testing before a software release.

I usually check support forums before running updates almost every time. I SHOULD have checked this time…

Sign me – just another disgruntled customer.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi @netavis & @jskk123!

I’m so sorry to hear this issue is affecting you both that much. I truly understand your frustration with it.

I have checked the bug report and I can tell that a fix has already been made by one of our developers, but as with any other fix it still has to go under code review, QA and several other stages before being released.

This is of high priority and it’s been 12 days since the bug report was created but with the holidays behind us it might take us a few more days than usual to ship the fix.

Rest assured we do take all our issues seriously and every change in our plugin files goes through extensive tests before being shipped. But as there are so many variables involved, there is always the possibility of something not working. This is why we always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

As a reference, let me share with you a couple of articles about our release process and how we deal with the bug priorities > https://theeventscalendar.com/release-schedule/ https://theeventscalendar.com/the-importance-of-user-feedback/

We will let you know as soon as the fix is shipped.

Best,
    Victor

John Jorgensen
    Participant

Let me add my frustration to that of netavis and jskk123. Many of us who use your plugins are small businesses – web developers who are trusted by our clients. Releasing on the 18th, knowing that staff would be gone over the holidays, seems in retrospect to have been a disaster waiting to happen. And for those of us depending on good software, it IS a disaster.

I had to delay a new site release, scheduled for the 1st, because of this issue. The site was done weeks in advance, but because I updated the plugins on the 19th, we were delayed. It’s embarrassing for both me and my client who have had to go to social media and apologize for not releasing.

In the future I would encourage your team to take more time testing and, as netavis suggested, release to a beta team so that you can get feedback. And I can’t believe that if you checked your server error logs you wouldn’t have seen this issue.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve been able to fix this issue and the images should now be importing again. There is no need to update your plugins as this was something caused in the Event Aggregator server side of things.

Please try running your imports and see if the fix works for your sites.

Hi John! Thanks for chiming in here.

We strive to make our plugins better every day, so I will make sure to pass your feedback, as well as the other comments in this thread, along to the team so we can take it into account when looking for new ways to improve how we deliver our plugin updates and communicate things better as well (plugin updates vs EA server updates).

We apologise for all the inconvenience this issue have caused you.

Please let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event aggregator do not import images from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.