Event Aggregator customization

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Aggregator customization

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cameron

I’m currently using TEC Pro and a third-party plugin to import Facebook Events from my organization’s FB page. The overall purpose is to create a map-able/filterable listing of auto enthusiast events within our targeted geographic region on our website. About 20% of the events we have listed on our Facebook page are events that we have created, while the remaining events are public events initiated by other Facebook users/groups/pages and we have added to them to our calendar.

Once the events are imported, they are categorized into two different buckets within TEC: ACCC Events (our created events), and Other Events (events we have shared on behalf of other organizations).

The current strategy seems to work fairly well, but there are some drawbacks:

– The third-party plugin we’re currently using is difficult to update (it seems to always require manual uninstallation and reinstallation of two separate plugins, and then manual re-entry of the FB app ID and key data), and it takes about two hours of tinkering to get it working whenever the Facebook API system makes an adjustment.
    – The third-party plugin runs an hourly cron job to import new events and event changes from Facebook. Whenever it runs, it overwrites all data about future events in the WP database, except the event Category. This means I cannot reliably set events in the ACCC Event category as Featured Events, as the tag will be overwritten during the next cron job.

I’m considering moving away from the other plugin to the Event Aggregator, but want to get some more information before buying license (we are not a large organization and I have a very limited budget available):

– I’m hoping that updates to the Event Aggregator can be easily installed, similar to the TEC Pro updates.
    – I’m hoping that event jobs in the Event Aggregator can be configured to preserve data flags (such as event categories and featured event flags) for existing event posts while still updating other changed data from Facebook.

Hi Cameron,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

Event Aggregator updates come in the form of our core product, The Events Calendar, so Event Aggregator will always be updated as long as The Events Calendar is kept up to date.

You can have all events imported into categories through Event Aggregator, and depending on the source you are importing from, you can also import events as Featured Events.

Also, we have a great 30 day full refund policy, so if the functionality that you’re looking for isn’t there for you, you can get a full refund for your purchase.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator customization’ is closed to new replies.