Event Aggregator creating extremely large (15gb in 16 hours) mysql log files.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator creating extremely large (15gb in 16 hours) mysql log files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Kostelec
    Participant

Yikes. So I think something is failing in my event aggregator which is generating extremely large log files, which is pretty much causing my server to run out of space. The log tells me nothing, but some of the events do have a message with a red exclamation mark with “Import failed: The import being fetched is not queued up for importing. Please try the import again.”

The mysql log shows an insane amount of lines all like:

75860;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75861;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75862;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75863;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75864;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75865;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75866;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75867;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75868;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75869;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75870;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75871;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75872;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75873;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75874;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75875;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75876;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75877;s:23:\”_tribe_aggregator_queue\”;i:75878;s

What’s going on here? I have 8 Facebook imports scheduled as Daily imports.

Cliff

Hi, Chris. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I haven’t heard of this happening before.

I’d suggest deactivating (removing if necessary) those 8 scheduled imports (make sure you don’t lose them, of course) and then use a plugin like WP Crontrol (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us) to make sure nothing with “aggregator” is in there anymore.

<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”>Then follow our </span>Testing for Conflicts Guide<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”> (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.</span>

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

Also enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see (there shouldn’t be any if you’re in Testing for Conflicts Mode, but leave WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG activated).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

Finally, add back 1 scheduled import and see if the errors persist (still while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). If not, add the other 7 and see. Note that you might have to wait a while (like an hour or slightly more) for things to happen on their own and therefore be tested in your new setup.

If you’re unable to do this testing on your live site because it’ll take too long, I’d suggest using a staging site copy of your main site.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Chris Kostelec
    Participant

So, I started disabling and re-enabling everything and things just started working better (no failures for event importing, when last time it had about a 25% chance of success). I also figured out that mysql was set up to generate a mysql-slow.log if queries took longer than 2 seconds, which normally it’s set to 10 seconds. I just disabled the slow log since I don’t notice any issues. Thanks for your help!

Cliff

I’m very glad you got this figured out!

Thanks for the update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator creating extremely large (15gb in 16 hours) mysql log files.’ is closed to new replies.