Event Aggregator bug – event organiser different

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator bug – event organiser different

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by bizzallmedia.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bizzallmedia
    Participant

Hi
    Am using event aggregator to import events from selected Facebook pages.
    This happens to various events but just picking out on specific pages to point out the bug/issue.

For one of the pages I know the owner and for the events that are imported from his business page, which are hosted by his page, it shows his name for some of the events, and another colleagues name (personal profiles) for some other events hosted by his page.
    – When going to the website facebook event link it still shows the original page as host.
    – In Event Calendar it shows a different host, they get imported as organisers into event calendar so when clicking on their organiser name of the event I get to see them as organisers (and not the original source) and see only the few selected events that event aggregator has assigned to them and these events do not show up under the original event organiser that the event is initially imported from.

Is there a way to fix this so that it will show the page/profile that I am importing from as organiser? Like it really is supposed to…..

Note that I am assuming this bug is caused due to the fact that Facebook events can have multiple organisers.
    1) An event hosted by several pages, all visible on the original Facebook event.
    2) An event hosted by several pages, and some personal profiles, in that case only the pages are visible on the Facebook event.
    So I think event aggregator is pulling all the organiser pages and profiles and then for some reason randomly (or not) assigns which organiser it assigns to the event in event calendar and for some reason this many times it is not the organiser that event aggregator was assigned to import from.

Hi Omar,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

bizzallmedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Omar,

Thanks for providing me with this information.  Unfortunately I can confirm that this is a known bug that we are currently working on.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

bizzallmedia
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks the reply, and confirming that it is a bug.
    As with the devs no none knows how long this might take and I would need to find a solution to this could we look the following that might be a solution. Am not a dev, but have no problem moving around some code, entering snippets, etc.

So I found part in organizer.php followed by a function, not sure if this applies to how aggregator imports or if this can reclassify the organezer after the import. But is there a way to rewrite the function so that when there is multiple organisers, instead of the first organizer ID being returned for it to return the ID that imported the event?

/**
    * Organizer ID
    * Returns the event Organizer ID.
    * @param int $postId Can supply either event id or organizer id.
    * If none specified, current post is used.
    * If given an event with multiple organizers,
    * the first organizer ID is returned.
    * @return int Organizer
    */
    function tribe_get_organizer_id( $postId = null ) {
    $postId = Tribe__Events__Main::postIdHelper( $postId );
    $organizer_id = null;
    if ( is_numeric( $postId ) && $postId > 0 ) {
    $tribe_ecp = Tribe__Events__Main::instance();
    // check if $postId is an organizer id
    if ( $tribe_ecp->isOrganizer( $postId ) ) {
    $organizer_id = $postId;
    } else {
    $organizer_id = tribe_get_event_meta( $postId, ‘_EventOrganizerID’, true );
    }
    }

return apply_filters( 'tribe_get_organizer_id', $organizer_id, $postId );
    }

• Organizer ID

• Returns the event Organizer ID.
      • @param int $postId Can supply either event id or organizer id.
      • If none specified, current post is used.
      • If given an event with multiple organizers,
      • the first organizer ID is returned.
      • @return int Organizer
    bizzallmedia
    Participant

Or a snippet so that it would show all organizers 🙂
    That would work as well for the moment 🙂

bizzallmedia
    Participant

I did found this function in organizer.php that should display it…
    tribe_get_organizers

but it then gives an error and shows

Array to string conversion in …… line ….

Hi Omar,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, I do not have a workaround for this issue right now, other than to manually add in the additional organizers once the event has been imported.

Thank you for your understanding in this process.  Please let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

bizzallmedia
    Participant

Thanks for the follow up Jaime,
    There’s no need to manually add the additional organisers once imported.
    All the organisers are there already because aggregator imports all the organisers.
    Both in the event back-end and in the database I can find the organisers related to events with multiple organisers.
    However when event calendar when displaying in the front-end, it only shows one of them.
    So there should be some logic or function there that chooses to display only one of the organisers and not all of them. And as already pointed out there’s a function that returns all organisers as in the event back-end they are all shows.

Just need some kind of way to get that to work in the front-end when listing events.

Hi Omar,

Can you provide me with a URL to one of your imports where you are seeing this issue?  I’d like to see if I can replicate the situation you are referring to, so that I can give you some more specific advice.

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

bizzallmedia
    Participant

Hi,
    Am working on a local server, so can’t share any url at the moment.
    Note that I have seen some themes that do show all organisers, so it must be doable.
    Maybe I am using the correct thing but wrong syntax.
    Dunno.

Will try to find a workaround.
    Thanks

Okay, thanks for the update.  Let me know how that goes!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Omar!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator bug – event organiser different’ is closed to new replies.