Event Aggregator and Microsoft Outlook

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Aggregator and Microsoft Outlook

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kerry Allman
    Participant

Will Event Aggregator work with importing and syncing calendar data from Outlook?

Courtney

Hi Kerry

You can certainly import from Outlook. The exact steps to exporting an .ICS file from Outlook to import into your site are outlined on https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/importing-events-from-an-ics-file-with-event-aggregator/#finding.

Our calendar will update if the source file is updated. However, we truly do not sync events. This means if you update something on your site manually, you’ll need to also update it in Outlook as well.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Kerry Allman
    Participant

Hey Courtney,
    So I have two followup questions for you.
    1) We have an outlook calendar that we update regularly. We can certainly create the .ics file to do the updates to Events Calendar. However if the .ics file contains an event that was previously submitted to Event Calendar, will EC create duplicate entries?
    2) Is it possible to have multiple calendars on a site? We were thinking of an external calendar and an internal calendar and we didn’t want to create a single calendar with all of the events listed. Is it possible to tag them somehow and limit what is displayed?

Thanks!
    Kerry

Courtney

Hi Kerry

1. No, Event Aggregator will recogize that it was already created and will pick up any new events.

2. You can use shortcodes to list calendars elsewhere on the site besides in the /Events page. We do offer Calendar View Shortcodes https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/ and Widget Shortcodes https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/ for Events Calendar Pro https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/

We have a few other shortcodes for things such as single events https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-single-events-tribe_event_inline-shortcode/

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Kerry Allman
    Participant

OK, So I purchased Event Aggregator, did some tests to verify it would work as I expected (entered/changed 5 events), then created an ics file of our calendar for this calendar month. When I went to import it, the Import function would only show 5 events (even though there were 25 in the file). I tried to select all, but it did not change. It also only would import those same five events. I have looked at the settings and there is no option for number of displayed events. How do I fix this?

Courtney

Hi Kerry

Can you share the .ics file with me for testing? Upload it to a file service such as Dropbox/Google Drive and send a link as a private reply here please.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Kerry Allman
    Participant

I have attached the ICS file. The calendar in question is ecww.org/test-cal. I have set the contents of this to
    [tribe_events view=”month” category=”Diocesan Master Calendar”]
    It does put the events in my events list in WordPress, but they do not show up on the calendar. In addition, if I use the previous month/next month buttons, it goes to the default calendar not the test calendar. How do I change that?

Courtney

Hey Kerry

I was able to import 14 remaining upcoming events on that .ics file. I also was able to see the events for this month display in month view, but advancing to the next month does display ALL events, not those in the category. I compared this with List view and was able to narrow list view down to the correct category.

I’ll confirm that this is a bug with a few other team members.

Can you confirm the number of imported events you are able to get from the .ics file? Please try with all other plugins except The Events Calendar deactivated.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Kerry Allman
    Participant

Hi Courtney,
    Well we still have a problem with this. I created a new .ics file with events through the end of Aug. (attached below). If you go to ecww.org/test-cal/?tribe-bar-date=2018-08, there are no events for the week of August 12th. On the live calendar that I created the .ics file there are 5 events that week (2-Tuesday, 1- Wednesday, 2-Thursday) which do not show up. I imported this latest batch with all of the plugins deactivated except for Calendar, Calendar Pro and Calendar:Community Events. Aggregator does not show up as a plugin on the list. Is that correct?

Courtney

Hi Kerry

Event Aggregator is built into The Events Calendar but can’t import anything beyond .csv files without a license. That does look correct. I’m going to get some more help on testing your ics file and share an update with you soon.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Kerry Allman
    Participant

Since it has been over a week and I have not heard back from you, I assume that this will not work as I expect. How do I go about getting a refund on this purchase?

Courtney

Hi Kerry

I’m so sorry about that. As stated, I was able to import events from your .ics file. Would you like us to try that again?

We do offer 30 day refunds if you find the plugin does not meet your needs. It’s just a matter of submitting a refund request form at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator and Microsoft Outlook’ is closed to new replies.