Errors when loading a public event from somebody else

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Errors when loading a public event from somebody else

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

I get an error message when importing a public event that somebody else created. The error states that I do not have permission. But the event posts. The process takes a very long time to complete.

Nico

Hi there Brian,

Thanks for reaching out I’ll try to help you out on this…

First it would be great to take a look at your system information, to make sure you are running the latest version of the plugins. Can you share that with me?

Can you please send me the event ID or EventBrite URL as well? I’ll try to import it locally and see if I get the same results you are reporting.

Thanks,
    Nico

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi there Brian,

Thanks for following-up on this!

I’ve tried this locally and I was able to import the event as you say, and when trying to update the event information I do see the ‘error’ you mention. I think this is the way it works, you can import an EventBrite public event, but you are not allowed to edit the information in it. That’s why the event gets updated in WordPress but cannot push the edits to the EventBrite Event.

One thing you can do here is to disconnect the synchronization with the ‘EventBrite Event’ (‘Leave this event associated with eventbrite.com?’ option under the tickets box in the event edit screen), the downside on this is that the ticket form will be removed as well.

Please let me know if this makes sense to you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Errors when loading a public event from somebody else’ is closed to new replies.