Errors after updating Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Errors after updating Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    liblogger
    Participant

Hello – I’ve been testing Event Tickets Plus 4.4.5 (along with the current versions of the basic plugins and Events Calendar Pro) alongside WooCommerce 3 (and subsequently 3.0.1 and 3.0.3) – when *I try to place an order, I get the following error messages:

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /[…]/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php on line 576

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /[…]/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php on line 576

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /[…]/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php:576) in /home/womensli/public_html/crashtest/dummy/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

The order is sometimes placed – if I select ‘pay by cheque’ the order goes on hold; if I choose Paypal it’s marked as pending payment (as the error occurs before the site can redirect me to Paypal) – and I receive ‘new customer order’ and ‘order receipt’ emails for the ‘cheque payment’ orders, but not the Paypal ones.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello liblogger,

Thanks for reporting that to us.

We had a similar issue for users who had version 1.0ย  of the below extension installed as well, which we fixed in version 1.0.1.

Add Event and Attendee Information to WooCommerce Order Details

It looks like this is not the case for you, but wanted to check with you just in case.

Also, to be able to see whether this is an issue with our plugins, could you run a similar test with two WooCommerce products and not tickets? Please try it with a single product and a virtual product as well, and see if the same issue comes up.

Until you get back to me with the results I will also try to recreate the issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

I just did a test purchase on one of my test sites with a sandbox PayPal account and the process went through without a glitch.

I just saw in your system information you are using an older version of php. Would it be possible to update to 5.6 or even version 7 and check with that?

Cheers,
    Andras

liblogger
    Participant

Hi Andras,

We’re not using that extension; I’d tried the WooCommerce checkout process with a simple product (I assume you mean that rather than single) and it worked okay, and tested it with a virtual product just now without any errors.

We’re on shared hosting, so I’m not able to change the PHP version.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for checking that liblogger!

Yes, I meant simple product. ๐Ÿ™‚ I get confused sometimes.

I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue yet. Do you possibly have a staging site with a different php version where you could test? Meanwhile I will look around if there is someone on the team who could help with this.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Had some discussions with the team meanwhile and 2 more ideas came up.

1. Disable showing the error messages (the WP_DEBUG options inย wp-config.php) – the problem will not go away but it would stop the page load from breaking due to errors being sent before headers are set.

2. Wait for our maintenance release coming out hopefully later today, which might solve this issue.

Andras

liblogger
    Participant

Hi Andras – I did a quick test on a local offline server that’s running php 5.6, and the error didn’t occur.

I’ve just noticed the next update is available – I’ll try that and get back to you.

liblogger
    Participant

Okay, tried the 4.5.6 versions, and now get a different set of errors ๐Ÿ™‚

I also realised that the offline version was throwing the same error – because that was set to log instead of display errors, I’d missed it – apologies for the confusion.

Setting both sites to log instead of display errors does clear up the front end, but I don’t really want to implement it on the back end when it’s still throwing errors.

The new errors start appearing when I add a ticket to the cart, and are mostly of the form:

[20-Apr-2017 11:12:28 UTC] PHP Notice: id was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/twentysixteen/page.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/twentysixteen/template-parts/content-page.php’), the_content, apply_filters(‘the_content’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, call_user_func, WC_Shortcodes::cart, WC_Shortcodes::shortcode_wrapper, call_user_func, WC_Shortcode_Cart::output, do_action(‘woocommerce_check_cart_items’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Global_Stock->cart_check_stock, Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Global_Stock->cart_get_global_stock_quantities, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see Debugging in Word in /[…]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137

They don’t seem to be appearing consistently – it’s possible that it’s only affect event tickets created before WooCommerce version 3? Or that it’s only affecting tickets with limited stock? I can do a few more tests with new events to check if you like, but won’t have time to do this until next week.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by liblogger. Reason: fixed wonky link display
    liblogger
    Participant

Did my last comment just vanish?

liblogger
    Participant

Trying to put that last reply back together:

It looks like both the online (php 5.4) and offline (php 5.6) versions were having problems with ETP 4.5.5 – the offline version was set to log but not display errors, so I missed it first time round.

Trying out ETP 4.5.6, that error is resolved, but a new set of errors – notices rather than warnings – are occurring, mostly of the form:

[20-Apr-2017 11:12:28 UTC] PHP Notice: id was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/twentysixteen/page.php’), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require(‘/themes/twentysixteen/template-parts/content-page.php’), the_content, apply_filters(‘the_content’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, call_user_func, WC_Shortcodes::cart, WC_Shortcodes::shortcode_wrapper, call_user_func, WC_Shortcode_Cart::output, do_action(‘woocommerce_check_cart_items’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Global_Stock->cart_check_stock, Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Global_Stock->cart_get_global_stock_quantities, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see [link to WP codex]Debugging in WordPress in /[…]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137

Again, these errors are appearing on both servers.

However the errors seem to occur less consistently, and I’m not sure if it’s being caused by event tickets created before the WooCommerce 3.0 update, or if it’s due to event tickets with/without stock limits – I can test this further, but won’t have a chance to do this until next week.

Turning off the display of error messages does clean up the front end, and the purchasing process appears fine to the user – however, I don’t want to implement this on our live site when it’s still causing errors in the back end.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again liblogger,

Thanks for the tests and the detailed explanation.

(I believe your post didn’t vanish, it just takes our site some time to show them, probably due to caching.)

Of course I understand you don’t want to implement something that is throwing error messages at you. Please give me some time to check with the team if we are facing a bug here or not. I’ll get back to you soon.

In the meantime if you happen to do more test, please do share the results as they might help us hunt down the source of the issue.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Meanwhile I tested a simple purchase on my local install. Ticket created with WooCommerce 3 and the purchase process went fine without any issues.

Also I tried to do a test purchase on your test site, could add the ticket to the basket, but the checkout page timed out.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi lilblogger,

Meanwhile we have released a new version of the plugins. Are you experiencing the same issues after the update?

Please let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Errors after updating Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.