Error: "Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search."

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Error: "Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search."

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I’m having the same problem as the person in the following thread link, but the answer has a link that requires me to sign in to something to view the answer…. Can you give me some help here?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-import-failed-events-not-showing/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Sorry for having a problem and thanks for reaching out.

Can you specify which link asks you to log in? I might be able to help you with that.

Cheers,
    Andras

David
    Participant

This one:

“By adding the following snippet to your WordPress theme’s functions.php (and removing it once you are done): https://tribe.slack.com/files/nico/F0PMGPVD0/clear_deleted_events.php”

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi David,

The public access to that snippet must have been removed. So let me paste it in here for you.

<?php
    /*
    * Deletes the saved copy of "deleted" events generated by iCal Importer
    * This allows you to re-import events. The script deletes 50 instances per page load
    */
    $posts = get_posts( array( 'numberposts' => 50, 'post_type' =>'deleted_event') );
    if (!empty($posts)) {
    foreach ($posts as $post) {
    wp_delete_post( $post->ID, true);
    }
    } else {
    echo 'Done deleting!';
    }

Copy-paste this in your themes (child-themes) functions.php file.

Let me know if this helps solve your issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

David
    Participant

So I just paste this snippet and it will allow to re-import my Google Calendar (iCal link)? It keeps saying that no entries are found since I deleted and tried re-importing.

David
    Participant

And where in the functions.php file should this be pasted? Because I keep getting this error after pasting it (beginning or end of file):

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in …visitpbc.com/wp-content/themes/Avada/functions.php on line 14

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in …visitpbc.com/wp-content/themes/Avada/functions.php on line 578

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

You should paste the code after the opening <?php tag in your functions.php, and make sure there is only one opening <?php tag in the file.

Your old events should be deleted and removed from the trash. Then the above code will delete the entries from the database.

You can find a bit more on this in the following thread, where we posted this solution as well, and that worked for the customer.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-re-import-same-events-from-ical-feed-after-importing-and-deleting-them/

Please let me know if this worked.

Cheers,
    Andras

David
    Participant

Ok, done! But now it shows “Done deleting!” at the top of my page…

David
    Participant

And now I get this when I try to import from my iCal link:

“The server responded with a malformed response. Please see the JS console for more information.”

David
    Participant

It is now alternating between the malformed response error and “Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.” Nothing is working here. Please help.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I’m sorry this is taking so long to solve, but I’m going to help you get this fixed.

There was an error in the code I shared with you which I was not aware of. I apologize. Please remove the code I shared with you before, and instead add this:

function del_deleted_events () {
    $posts = get_posts( array( 'post_type'=>'deleted_event', "posts_per_page" => 50, 'post_status' => 'trash', ) );
    if (!empty($posts)) {
    foreach ($posts as $post) {
    wp_delete_post( $post->ID, true);
    }
    echo '<p style="background-color:yellow;z-index:1;text-align:right;">50 deleted events removed, refresh again.</p>';
    } else {
    echo '<p style="background-color:yellow;z-index:1;text-align:right;">Done deleting!</p>';
    }
    }
    add_action( 'admin_init', 'del_deleted_events' );

Now whenever you visit an admin page, 50 deleted events will be deleted. You will see a message accordingly at the top.

When all are removed you will see the “Done deleting!” message. After this please try importing again.

Again, I’m sorry this is taking so long and requiring you to do so much extra work.

Let me know if this helps solve your issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Error: "Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search."’ is closed to new replies.