Error with Imports

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Error with Imports

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Courtney

Hey Luke

I can send this on to our developers for further troubleshooting but will need just a little bit more help. Can you provide us with a database dump?  https://codex.wordpress.org/Backing_Up_Your_Database.  Please upload your file to Google Drive or something similar and send us a private reply with a link to download it.

I can then escalate your information on to our developers for more testing on this bug report.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hey Scott

Just touching base to let you know our devs are looking into this. While we wait, can you see if either of these options help?

1) Go to Events ‣ Settings ‣ Imports and scrolling to the Global Import Settings section then ‘dialling down’ the import limit to a smaller date range or smaller number

2) If you don’t have so many scheduled imports that this would be impractical, could you try deleting and recreating them? (I realize this option may not be practical).

I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Courtney

Hey Scott,

I also noticed that this thread started with WordPress v 4.8.1. We’ve since shipped some bug fixes since WP 4.8.2 was released. Can you confirm that The Events Calendar and WordPress core are updated, and see if that impacts the functionality?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

Hi Courtney,
    I’ve just updated both wordpress and tribe to the latest versions again. The import ran this time, but it still didn’t import 2 at least of the events which are in the feed. I verified they are in the feed.

We do not have the option to remove all events and start again.
    Thanks
    -Scott

Courtney

Hey Scott

I heard back from our lead Event Aggregator developer. We are about to ship what he believes will fix this issue within the next 24-48 hours. I’ll be sure you are notified of the update.

Just a heads up, you may see other team members pop in to this thread. I’ll be headed out within a few days for maternity leave. You will definitely get a response though.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

Good Morning,
    I’ve installed the most recent version (4.6.1) and am still having the same two issues.
    1) Some events do not import (2 from the feed in november, that include “fall visit” in the title)
    2) The updates no longer run automatically.

Really hoping we can get this resolved soon!
    Thanks
    -Scott

Courtney

Hey Scott

I wanted to pop in to let you know first, I’m so sorry we are still in the same spot. Second, I’m about to head out for maternity leave. I am passing this on to my team lead, Barry, for now. We are committed to resolving this issue, and hard at work on sorting it all out. I want to be sure you get the attention you need on this in my absence.

Thank you for working with us on this. We highly value your willingness to continue with us.

Courtney ??

Luke Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Luke Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Luke Scott
    Participant

Make sure you are using the entire link, the format part is towards the end of the get variables. Its definitly returning .ics format.

Thanks
    -Scott

Barry

Hi Scott,

You’re right!

Sorry about that: we actually interact with topics like this one through a different interface than do our customers and, for me, some of the URL is missing (I see the complete link if I view things on the frontend – though there again it seems something is going wrong when bbPress tries to transform it into a link).

At any rate, let me review and I’ll get back to you 🙂

Barry

Thanks for your patience.

• Can you visit the Events → Settings → Imports screen and tell me what the Import Limit Type and Import Date Range/Quantity Limit fields are set to?
    • Some of the events you identified as missing have of course now passed — are there other future events in the feed you can point me to that are examples of events which are not importing in your case?

Following your earlier examples, I do for instance see that Fall Visit Day for Prospective Grad Student … events are successfully importing (for me, locally) and I’d be keen to isolate the problem some more.

Last but not least, please do take the time to update to the latest version of The Events Calendar if you haven’t already done so 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Error with Imports’ is closed to new replies.