Error with Imports

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Error with Imports

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Luke Scott
    Participant

Hi,
    We have purchased events aggregator and are getting the following error when the import attempts:

When I hover over the exclamation point in the import history it says: Import failed: Event Aggregator server has blocked your request. Please try your import again later or contact support to know why.

Plugin is up to date, licence key is entered. We have the 100 import per day licence, and currently run it every half hour (only 48 times per day)

Thanks
    -Scott

Courtney

Hi Scott

I’m very sorry this is happening. Can you confirm that you have disabled all other plugins except The Events Calendar and reverted back to 2016 theme without customizations?

Would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any PHP errors you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

Once you share your WP_DEBUG findings, we may be able to get an idea of any plugin or theme conflicts.

Please enable WP_DEBUG on your site. You’ll need to edit to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code: define('WP_DEBUG', false); to this: define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    (or add this line of code if you can’t find mention of ‘WP_DEBUG’ in your wp-config.php file)

If any errors do appear while navigating your site’s pages, please copy and paste them in their entirety into a new ticket reply — along with the URL of where you saw the error(s) — and make sure you set it as a Private reply.

Finally, can you check for any Javascript errors? See: Using Your Browser to Diagnose JavaScript Errors

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

Hi Courtney,
    I’ve tested those situations (default theme) and disabling other plugins on a development server. Neither is generating errors.

The plugin is not generating the error: “Import failed: Events could not be imported. The URL provided did not have events in the proper format.”

The events are certainly in proper format. i’ve validated them with an iCalendar validator.

Courtney

Hi Luke, can you share the iCal link with me? I’d like to try replicating this issue.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi Luke

I believe we are now seeing this as a bug. I am flagging this thread to notify you as soon as an update is available.

I tried to use the iCal link you supplied, but EA doesn’t recognize it as an iCal link. Have you been able to use that exact link to import elsewhere?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Courtney!

That link has worked in the past in EA. It validates in the ical validator.

Thanks
    -Scott

Courtney

Look at that Scott – I tried again and it did import 1 event. That’s just odd as well. In any case, I’ve flagged the import error message as a bug report. Hoping we can notify you soon with a solution.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

I’ve updated to the new version that came out, and I’m still having an issue. Now within the history page, the following gets shown when I hover over the exlamation point:

Import failed: The import being fetched is not queued up for importing. Please try the import again.

Help!

Thanks

Courtney

Thanks for the update Luke

It looks like this Event Aggregator but is still an open issue. We will be sure to reply here when this specific issue has been resolved. I wish that I could give you a more definitive timeline, but do look forward to updating you soon with better news.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Luke Scott
    Participant

It started working, and then has stopped again.

Is this an issue on your servers that you were able to correct for a bit, if so, can you do so again?
    Thanks

Courtney

Hi Luke

It looks like this is still an open issue on our end. We will notify you as soon as a solution is available.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Scott!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release for the Event Aggregator server is out including a fix for this issue 🙂

No action is needed on your end, but as always, we recommend you update to the latest versions of our plugins.

Please try it out and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Luke Scott
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    We’ve upgraded to the latest version, but are still having issues.

There are two issues currently
    – scheduled imports are not running on a regular basis (they were previously).
    – We have 4 events with similar names but different dates, but only one of them is importing.

Let me know what we can do to solve this.
    Thanks!
    -Scott

Luke Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Error with Imports’ is closed to new replies.