Error when adding event tickets to empty cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Error when adding event tickets to empty cart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having an issue when I attempt to add an event ticket to an empty cart. It just locks up. However, if I have a product in the cart already then the event will be added as expected.

I’ve stripped my staging server back to theme twenty fifteen running WP 4.1.1 and turned off all plugins except those noted here.
    The Events Calendar: Version 3.9.1
    The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets: Version 3.5
    WooCommerce: Version 2.3.5

And still get the issue. Here are links to the pages on that server so you can replicate.
    Event page: http://heritage.psstudiosdev.com/event/east-valley-homeschool-families-at-heritage-square/
    Product page: http://heritage.psstudiosdev.com/product-category/membership/

Have you seen this before? Please review and advise.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marc,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

When using our plugins, they are intended to be used in tandem at the appropriate version numbers. So, if your core Events Calendar is at version 3.9, only the 3.9 version of the WooCommerce Tickets plugin can be guaranteed to work with the site. Are you able to update your WooCommerce Tickets plugin to the latest version? This should address the issue you’re seeing when attempting to add tickets to the cart.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Marc
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Great, thank you. That got me up and running again, with one exception. When I add an event to the cart it works, but shows the price as $0. If I “update cart” it shows correctly, or if I “Proceed to Checkout” it shows correctly on the check out page. Any idea what’s going on here? This is repeatable in all browsers.
    Event:
    http://heritagesquarephx.org/event/east-valley-homeschool-families-at-heritage-square/

I did notice The Events Calendar is v3.9.1 and The Events Calendar WooCommerce Tickets is v3.9.2. Is there a newer version of The Events Calendar?

Thank you,
    Marc Simpson

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marc,

Thanks for following up with us.

Your versions of our plugins look good now. One note though, have you made the upgrade to version 2.3 of WooCommerce yet? I know there were some changes that we had to make to our plugin regarding the “add to cart” process based on changes to WooCommerce. This current issue may resolve itself when updating to the latest version of WooCommerce.

Thanks!

Marc
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I’ve double checked and have WooCommerce version 2.3.5 installed. Any other thoughts?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marc,

Does this new issue persist when you follow the Testing for Conflicts procedures to ensure the issue isn’t a conflict with an existing plugin or theme?

Thanks!

Marc
    Participant

Yes. I tested that way at the beginning of this thread. Here is another test event, running only woo commerce and theeventcalendar plugins:
    http://heritage.psstudiosdev.com/event/homeschool-days-at-heritage-square-phoenix-7/

Here is a list of the updated and activated plugins running on this test host:
    The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets
    WooCommerce
    WooCommerce – Name your own price
    WooCommerce Checkout Manager
    WooCommerce Colors

Marc
    Participant

Hi Josh,

I’m at a stand-still and think I have done everything I can to find a conflict, without success.

Any thoughts on this? I’d like to get this resolved for my client.

Thanks in advance.

orgspring
    Participant

Not sure if this is what is happening here, but i did notice this on my site with events and woocommerce.
    I had an event with a ticket that I created at the event page. It was a free event.
    Tried adding to cart but it would not work – just dumps to empty cart messages.

I went and edited it in WooCommerce (not event page) and noticed the price field was empty. Not zero, I mean nothing in the price field.

Changed price back to zero, saved and cleared cache.

Back to front end ticket – add to cart. worked fine.

Not exactly scientific, but Hope it helps.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marc,

Thanks for following up and I apologize for the delay.

I’ve tested again on my local install and was still unable to replicate the issue that I see happening on your install. Out of curiosity, when testing does the issue persist if you scale back the WooCommerce plugins to just core WooCommerce? I’m not sure how the “Name your price” plugin functions but I did have an issue recently with Easy Digital Downloads tickets where a custom filter was being applied to the price and it resulted in the same issue that you’re currently experiencing.

Thanks!

Marc
    Participant

Josh,

That did it. I deactivated “WooCommerce – Name your own price” and it now populates the cart properly. The problem is the client needs that functionality for a few things.

Please advise next steps for me. I assume I need to contact the other plugin developer and try to get them to provide an update. Is that correct? Anything you can do or provide is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Marc

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marc,

As a clarification, this is the plugin that you currently are having the conflict with http://www.woothemes.com/products/name-your-price/? Bringing up the issue to the other plugin developer couldn’t hurt. I’ll run this by our team as well to see if this is something that we could potentially look into from our side.

Thanks!

Marc
    Participant

Hi Josh,

I was duped! That is not the plugin, even though thats the name in WP. The actual name is: “Shatner – Name your Own Price Integration for WooCommerce”.

Shatner – Name your Own Price Integration for WooCommerce

and is only tested to WP 3.6.1

So assume I’ll need to buy the one you mentioned. I’ll get there and report back.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marc,

Ah! That could be the issue. Let me know how things go with the updated plugin.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Error when adding event tickets to empty cart’ is closed to new replies.