Error on tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Error on tickets

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Russell
    Participant

I have tested a purchase of tickets.

The tickets cam through but oddly a wrong date was printed!

So the ticket item name was correct and the description which says 22nd Oct but underneath the title it says October 21st! I have no idea why and cannot see the error at all on the ticket page at all.

HELP!

Cliff

Hi, Russell.

Could you please provide a link to this event’s Single Event view?

Russell
    Participant

The site is in local development mode so I cannot give you a link or access at this stage.

Cliff

In that case, please provide screenshots of the wp-admin event date/details and the ticket’s details.

Russell
    Participant

Thanks – here you go!

Also, despite deleting orders an emptying the bin, it still said 1 sold – I need to reset these amounts when the site goes live – how do I do this ?

Gergana
    Participant

Hi Russel,

I am not from the Modern Tribe crew, but I can offer my help here.

About the reseting the sold count you can check it here how to fix this. But first MAKE A BACKUP of the DB.

On your first question regarding the ticket dates. I see that your ticket name is with the date of the event. So inside the ticket type it is written the “Ticket Name” or in other words – the woocommerce product name. In other hand the stock template for the emailed tickets include only the starting date of the event. So if you have a long event which lasts 2-3-4 days it will show only the starting date.
    If you want to show inside the ticket also the end date of the event you can do it by following Nico’s guidance inside this thread. But keep in mind that you must overwrite this template as copying it into your child theme.
    Hope this helps!

Russell
    Participant

Thanks I have looked at the links.

The ticket design is a little complicated as I don’t really understand due to the language in which he has written (the English does not make sense!).

Also, the ticket does not currently show the venue postcode – how would I add this also ?

Russell
    Participant

I need to get this resolved urgently please.

Gergana
    Participant

Hi Russel,

I will try to help you. In these links which I sent to you you can fix the tickets sold number in your attendee lists by following these instructions provided by Geoff B here
    You must backup your DB and afterwards set to zero the value which is inside the screenshot. But follow the instructions there.

For the date which you are refering I will try to explain what I think is the issue with your tickets.

1st: does your ticket name include a string with a date?
    2nd: does your event starts at 21.10?

If the questions above are true, seeing the screenshot of the ticket it looks everything good. But from my point of view the issue happens because you are selling tickets for more than one event with different dates. am I correct?
    If so this will lead to confusions for the attendees. So my solution here will be if you want to keep the date inside the ticket name: To remove the event start date from the email.php template. This can happen easy by making an template override inside your child-theme.

The needed file is here: yoursite/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php

the line which is showing the event start date is on line 315:

<?php if ( ! empty( $start_date ) ): ?>
    														<h4 style="color:#0a0a0e; margin:0 !important; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:700; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:normal; text-align:left;line-height: 100%;">
    															<span style="color:#0a0a0e !important"><?php echo $start_date; ?></span>
    														</h4>
    													<?php endif; ?>

Try to remove the above mentioned code from the template once you have copied it into your child theme inside this location: ” yourchildtheme/tribe-events/tickets/email.php ” , by this action you can remove the event start date inside the ticket sent to the customers which will left the ticket name the only instance where the start date will be shown inside the ticket.

I am not sure that I am correctly understanding the issues which you are describing so if my suggestions resonate to you go ahead and try it.

About the venue issue, I am not familiar with this. Maybe the Modern Tribe crew can help here.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Gergana. Reason: some typos
    Cliff

Gergana, thanks again for trying to help here. Please let us know how things go, Russell.

Also, regarding adding the Venue’s zip code to the email, you can reference this pull request and our Themer’s Guide to see how to implement this.

Russell
    Participant

Thanks – will try.

Cliff

You’re welcome. Please let me know how it goes for you.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that we released a Maintenance Release today that should include a fix for the issues you report here.

You should be able to see this update in your wp-admin Updates page. You can learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-2-event-tickets-4-4-2-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Error on tickets’ is closed to new replies.