How to show the ticket sales end date into the event.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to show the ticket sales end date into the event.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gergana
    Participant

Hello,

We have tickets with different active sale time (Ex. Early bird, Normal etc) Is there a way how to show somewhere into the event the end date of the sales of the tickets?
    Thank you in advance!

Nico

Hi there Gergana,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sure this is possible with a template override of the tickets form (the themer’s guide has more info on that). Can you please tell me which type of tickets you are offering (RSVP, Woo, etc?)? This way I can guide you through the process.

Best,
    Nico

Gergana
    Participant

Hi We are using the Event Ticket plus tickets(they are with a price). If I understood you correct than I believe we are using Woo.

########The closed topic######
    About the other discussion which was closed the topic is different than this one.https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-include-into-the-ticket-the-end-date-of-t/ but it seems the title isn’t finished.
    I need for the closed topic the way how to implement the end date of the event. In other words – To place the end date into the (Ticket) . In the snapshot which are attached here is one ticket. Under the title is the start date. I want to show here also the end date of the event. To be something like this:

Start date – End date

Thank you.

Gergana
    Participant

Hello Nico All,

Shall I reopened the topic which was closed by you?
    And want to describe more about this topic.
    We want to make each ticket to have the end date until which(the current ticket example Early bird) will be active.
    Thanks again.

Nico

Hi there Gergana thanks for the follow-up!

Hi We are using the Event Ticket plus tickets(they are with a price). If I understood you correct than I believe we are using Woo.

I meant which e-commerce platform are you using alongside Event Tickets Plus. Basically the plugin that manages the cart and checkout. Is it WooCommerce?

I’m really sorry about the other issue, it really seemed to be a double post 🙁 We can totally solve this issue here to after we get the original one nailed.

Please let me know about the e-commerce plugin and I’ll send the steps to create the template override,
    Best,
    Nico

Gergana
    Participant

Hi Nico,

I missunderstood your question. We are using Woocommerce for e-commerce plugin.

Gergana
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there an update of this topic. Thank you in advance!

Nico

Hi there Gergana,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. We don’t work on weekends so generally Mondays are quite busy!

So first thing to do is create a template override (check our themer’s guide if you are not sure about this) of the file: wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php.

Once the copy of the file is placed on wp-content/themes/your_theme/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php, add the following code at line 98:

echo '<td class="tickets_description">';
    echo $ticket->description;

// print the sales end date if it's defined
    if ( !empty($ticket->end_date) ) echo '<br>Sales end: ' . $ticket->end_date;

echo '</td>';

This will print the end sales date in the description column if it’s defined. It’s just a basic sample and you’ll probably need to customize it a bit to suit your needs.

Please give a try and let me know if it works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Gergana
    Participant

Thanks Nico,

This is working great! It is absolutely what I need.

I am trying now to understand the logic how to include also the end date of the event inside the ticket itself, but it is without success. Could you please give me directions or if you know how to include this to share it with me.
    Thank you in advance!

Nico

Glad to hear Gergana 🙂

I am trying now to understand the logic how to include also the end date of the event inside the ticket itself

You mean the tickets email? If not please clarify and I’ll be glad to help you on this as well!

Best,
    Nico

Gergana
    Participant

Hi Nico

Correct. I have attached the ticket. I am trying to include the end date of the Event itself there in the hand written text inside the snapshot. : )
    Thank you!

Nico

Thanks for confirming!

For this you’ll need to create a template override of the tickets email (wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/srv/views/tickets/email.php). Once the override is in the theme folder in the corresponding path, just change lines 277 of the file:

// change this:
    $start_date = tribe_get_start_date( $event, true );

// to this
    $start_date = tribe_get_start_date( $event, true ) . ' - ' . tribe_get_end_date( $event, true );

That should be it, make a test purchase and let me know if it works as expected 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘How to show the ticket sales end date into the event.’ is closed to new replies.