Error message when a user attempts to add events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Error message when a user attempts to add events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lesliebkelley
    Participant

Hi,

I have someone helping me add events. As of yesterday, she is unable to upload an image to the event. This error occurs:

“Images must be png, jpg, or gif”

I get it as well when I attempt to enter an event through the community link.

If the image is not input, the event will go through.

When I enter the event myself as admin there is no problem.

Geoff

Hi there, lesliebkelley!

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the issue here. I do see, in fact, that when trying to submit an event with an image, that error message does pop up. Very strange indeed!

I got the error message on your site, but not when testing on my own local setup. That makes me think it’s possible that there’s a conflict at play with your theme or another installed plugin.

To rule that out, will you please try following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide? It will walk you through activating a default WordPress theme and deactivating all other plugins to help identify where a conflict might exist.

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

lesliebkelley
    Participant

Ick! I didn’t do all that because I have not added any plugins recently and I have had this theme for quite a while and I didn’t want to change any of that.

So, OK. Let’s hope it isn’t one of the plugins that I really need.

lesliebkelley
    Participant

I tried switching the theme and deactivating all plugins but the two Events plugins. It’s still not accepting images.

Leslie

Geoff

Hi Leslie–thanks for following up and for testing for conflicts as well. I really appreciate it!

It would be helpful to try to replicate the issue under default conditions since I’m still unable to see it on my local setup. The next thing I would like to try here is creating a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have cPanel hosting account there will probably be a one-click install to make this really easy)
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO and Community Events
    • Please also stick to a default theme–again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Try heading to the event submission form as a non-logged in visitor
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let me know so I can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!
    Geoff

lesliebkelley
    Participant

Ok thanks. It’s going to be the weekend before we can do this.

Geoff

Sure thing, thanks for working on this! Please do keep me posted and let’s see what we can find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, Leslie. We typically close threads if they’ve been quiet for more than two weeks, but I wanted to check in and see if there’s been any update here or if you still need any assistance. Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Leslie! This thread has been quiet for more than a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have questions here (and reference this thread) and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message when a user attempts to add events’ is closed to new replies.