Error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Delaney
    Participant

I’ve been using Aggregator for almost a year with zero problems. Today I am getting this message:
    “There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message”

I’ve checked the threads and I know you’ll ask for a facebook URL–it doesn’t matter, I’ve tried several facebook pages and get the same error message. I would assume this is a server issue.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kenneth!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. 🙁 Let me try and help you out.

I’ve just tried importing from Facebook myself and I couldn’t get the error. Occasionally, there may be unexpected errors coming from either Facebook API or our own servers. Could you try again and see if you still get the error?

If the error still persists, did you make any changes in your site before the error started to appear? Like a plugin, theme or WP core update? let me know about this.

Also, when coming back could you please share with us your system info by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,
    Victor

Kenneth Delaney
    Participant

Ok, the problem seems to be hit and miss at this point. The only changes I’ve made to my site is updating Event Calendar plugins. (Maybe some other plugins, but I can’t remember at the moment) I’m uploading two screen shots, one is the error log which I’ve done a forum search on and the solution to that thread doesn’t seem to be the problem. Since the problem started yesterday I’ve found that switching back and forth between Chrome and Firefox allows me to import. I only ever use Chrome to do website work. I thought I’d just see what working through Firefox would do. I did one page import (3 events from that FB Page) through Firefox and it worked. Tried another FB Page and got the error. Then went into Chrome and that page imported. Switched back to Firefox on a new FB Page, it worked. And so and and so forth. So that’s where I am right now. Just switching back and forth between browsers per FB Page. Annoying, but at least I can get my work done. I’m going to continue until I hear back or this stops working.

Thanks!

Oh and I checked the “Share info” as you requested, if you can’t see my system info let me know and I’ll share manually.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kenneth!

Thanks for coming back with the sys info and for the detailed explanation. This is very helpful.

There are two things I would like you to try:

First, try refreshing your connection with Facebook by going to Events > Settings > APIs and under Facebook click “Refresh your connection with Facebook”. See here: https://cloudup.com/cLnBV-RjTW9

Then, try eliminating the variables from the facebook URLs. For example, if you have a URL like this https://www.facebook.com/pg/BroadwayPeoria/events/?ref=page_internal modify it to look like this https://www.facebook.com/pg/BroadwayPeoria/events/

By making those changes, do you see any differences? Let me know.

Best,
    Victor

Kenneth Delaney
    Participant

I refreshed the connection several times yesterday and the day before to no avail. BUT the other half is what did the trick. removing the extraneous link info.

I don’t know why all the sudden it doesn’t work with the super long links, I’ve been doing the exact same thing every two weeks since October. So weird. But if that’s the fix, it’s an easy one!

Thanks for your help, truly appreciate it!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Kenneth!

I’m very glad that worked out for you 🙂 Thanks for letting us know about it.

Yes, it’s always better to avoid pasting those url variables to prevent any glitches.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but don’t hesitate to open a new one if something comes up.

Good luck with your project!
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message’ is closed to new replies.