Error: Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Error: Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lewis Keogh
    Participant

Hi there,

I am receiving the following error when trying to setup events through my wordpress site..

· Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.

I have updated all plugins, and have tried refreshing the validation, but it is still giving the error. It has worked previously and there is nothing different either myself or my client seem to be doing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lewis

Cliff

Hi Lewis. Sorry you’re having this issue.

It sounds like you’re pushing one of your WordPress events to Eventbrite. If that’s correct, does this WordPress event have a Venue assigned?

If yes, does that Venue have valid address/location information?

If yes, please provide any screenshots of your wp-admin area (e.g. event or venue edit screens) that may be helpful to us.

Thank you.

Lewis Keogh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thank you for the additional information.

Since that same venue previously worked, my guess is the Eventbrite API might be having some downtime. Is this event not working while other events are working?

Another alternative is to follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any messages you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

After all that, please share your System Information. That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks.

Lewis Keogh
    Participant

Hi there,

There are previous events set up that are still displaying live tickets. I tried recreating the event with the same settings/venue/etc but it wouldn’t allow it.

If I am to follow the ‘Testing for conflicts’ test – do i need to switch to the twentyfourteen theme or can i just try deactivating the plugins within the current theme – will i lose styling if i use the other theme?

Thanks

Cliff

Testing for conflicts does require switching to a WordPress default theme like TwentyFourteen, TwentyFifteen, TwentySixteen, etc.

It is a temporary set of troubleshooting steps to help narrow down the cause of the issue, since our plugins are designed to work with those themes (we can’t troubleshoot against every third-party theme that exists) and with all other plugins deactivated.

Please follow the guide closely and provide any screenshots or screen capture videos you want to share that you think would be helpful in diagnosing this issue.

Thank you.

Lewis Keogh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Lewis Keogh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Lewis Keogh
    Participant

Hi,

I have just re-authorized and tried a new event, but still won’t let me. 🙁

Is there anyway i could provide login details – i could set up a new user for you?

Driving me mad!

Cliff

Sorry that didn’t work.

I’d go through the same steps you went through before:

1. Set theme to twenty sixteen
    2. Turned off all plugins – except ‘The Events calendar’ and ‘The Events calendar – eventbrite tickets’

but after doing that, please try these steps, seeing if it works after each:

• disconnect/reconnect Eventbrite like you just did
    • if that didn’t solve it: create a new event, use the same venue, add a new Eventbrite ticket, see if you get the same error
    • if you do get the same error: create a new venue with a new venue title but same address, assign an event to this new venue and see if you get the same Eventbrite error

Also, did you ever enable WP_DEBUG, as I mentioned previously? You might want to try that too.

Lewis Keogh
    Participant

Hi there,

Sorry for the slow reply. I’ve tried all the things suggested but it’s still not working.

I’ve installed the wp_debug, but can’t see any obvious errors – what am i looking for?

I really need to get this fixed urgently as it’s dragging on now.

We are having to do a workaround by creating the events on the Eventbrite website and then importing them via the plugin. It works that way but not creating them on the wordpress site.

Cliff

As stated before, I didn’t have an issue publishing from WP to EB from my localhost site, but I understand this is a frustrating issue if you’re still experiencing it.

I’d like to draw your attention to a recent blog post https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-4-2-premium-add-ons/

Fix – Resolved issue where venues not being registered with Eventbrite due to missing latitude and longitude data

Hopefully updating to the latest version of all our plugins helps your site!

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Lewis Keogh
    Participant

Yes! This is now resolved.

Thanks for the fix – although it would have been good to know you were working on the issue. I’ve been under the impression there was a fault with the wordpress site.

Anyway, sorted now.

Regards

Cliff

I’m glad to hear it’s working for you now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Error: Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.’ is closed to new replies.