Error at top of page…

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Error at top of page…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

1. I trust Easy Theme updater but I have also disabled and delete them through CPanel when I have had problems.
    2. I had this issue before FAST CACHE and disabling it does not help.
    3. yeah.. no Calendar in my theme.
    ps.. did you see the part about the GENERAL SETTINGS pointing to southernarizonaguide.com/events NOT events/month.. can that be the issue ?

karen
    Participant

there just has to be a hook left in the database.. It is the only thing that I have not deleted several times.

Barry

I appreciate you trust Easy Theme Updater and also appreciate you taking the time to disable the caching plugin, but here’s the thing:

• Some of your pages look like they belong to the old version of our plugin
    • There’s an error displaying – and this of course is what you reported when you created this thread – which we did previously encounter but should be resolved with the current version of our plugin – yet is still present on your site (and so far no one else has reported seeing this on their sites)
    • I can see a snippet of code (below) which relates to a file which was packaged with the old version of our plugin (jquery.pjax.js) but is no longer distributed with the current version:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://southernarizonaguide.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/resources/jquery.pjax.js?ver=3.5.1'></script>

If you are positive that there are no traces of the old version of our plugin left on the server then there’s a good possibility that these side effects are cached copies of output from the old version of the plugin.

I had this issue before FAST CACHE and disabling it does not help.

Unlike most plugins, deactivating a caching plugin does not necessarily mean the caching process will instantly stop or go away. Other bits of code, outside of the caching plugin’s own directory, may have been put in place and will continue to be used (take a look for instance inside the wp-content directory for files with names like advanced-cache.php and take a look at your .htaccess file, too – is it a simple set of five or so lines or does it contain a large and complex set of instructions?).

Please do take the time to reach out to the author of that plugin (or search their support forum) for information about removing it completely.

Does this get you any closer to a solution?

karen
    Participant

well, I thought so, at first. I searched for any leftover cache, jquery.pjax.js and no luck. sigh.. I will keep looking and let you know if I find it.

Rob

Hey Karen. Since it’s been a while and we haven’t heard anything, I’m going to go ahead and close this. Please open a new thread if you find anything else out or need additional help.

karen
    Participant

Problem still is not solved.. I don’t know where the disconnect happened.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Error at top of page…’ is closed to new replies.