Error at top of page…

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Error at top of page…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

Warning: Missing argument 2 for WP_Router_Page::get_title() in …southernarizonaguide.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/vendor/wp-router/WP_Router_Page.class.php on line 144

Barry

Hi Karen,

Can you provide a little more detail about where you are seeing this error? I did visit your site and couldn’t see it either on the main events page or the community submission page – nor can I see this locally with WP_DEBUG mode turned on.

It’s quite possible I’m missing something but I would need a little more information to take this forward 🙂

Thanks!

karen
    Participant

well, I would like to… You should be able to see it as soon as you go to ADD or LIST an event.
    http://southernarizonaguide.com/events/community/add/.. thanks

karen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I don’t see that community submission form at http://southernarizonaguide.com/events/community/add/ at all … is Community Events installed/is that the correct URL (it looks right…)?

Sorry you are having difficulties with Housekeeping – that isn’t actually part of the official Modern Tribe stable so if you have any issues simply deactivate it/delete it and feel free to post a question over at http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar-housekeeper – thanks!

karen
    Participant

Barry, I disabled it after I received the out of memory errors . If you could take another look it is active again.

Barry

OK – I see that now and it seems only to affect the Community Events pages (the list and the submission form).

You noted when you opened the thread that you tried switching to a default, unmodified theme and simultaneously turning off all non-Modern Tribe plugins. Did that resolve this or were you able to pin down another plugin or your theme as causing the conflict (if for instance on reactivating one of them the problem returned)?

Barry

Karen: after reviewing this one of the team noticed that some pages look as they did in version 2.0.11 of our plugin whereas some look just as they should when using 3.0.

What we suspect is that perhaps you updated manually (by FTP or even your hosting control panel’s file manager tool) and that you merged the new plugin directory with the old. Does that sound like something that might have happened here?

If so, would you be able to download fresh copies of our plugins, deactivate and delete the existing ones (on your server) and upload them afresh?

karen
    Participant

In order to make 3 work I had to delete all of the files and start over. it is possible that I have copies of the php templates in my theme file somewhere. Let me check.

karen
    Participant

Everything appears to have the same timestamp on it.. Today at 4:15 am. what is this WP_Router and is it used anymore? do I need to download it? thanks

Barry

Hi Karen,

WP Router is a submodule of Community Events and is indeed required for it to function. You generally don’t need to worry about that however, so long as you cleanly upload the latest code (and none of the plugin code from the previous version remains) you should be good to go.

karen
    Participant

nope, nothing short of something I can’t say here will get rid of this error.
    What is it looking for anyway? what php pages, css is involved and maybe I can narrow it down? I will have to resort to line by line comparison.

Barry

Karen:

I’m still concerned that something has gone wrong during the update process in your case. Looking at each of these URLs, one appears as if it is from the old version of our plugin and one is more what I would expect with the current version:

* http://southernarizonaguide.com/events/ (2.0.11 style)
    * http://southernarizonaguide.com/events/month/ (3.0 style)

This shouldn’t be possible and we can only offer some guesswork here:

* Perhaps you uploaded the new plugin manually and your FTP tool merged the directories, instead of the old plugin directory being cleanly removed first of all. Does that sound like a possibility to you?
    * Though you should not normally be able to, could it be that you have both versions active simultaneously?
    * Some themes actually have The Events Calendar code “baked in”. Might that be the case with your theme?
    * Last but not least, are you using any caching plugins?

We’d need to resolve this apparent problem of two versions being simultaneously in use before we can solve the WP Router problem (which may very well result from this in any case).

Can you confirm that you have tried deleting all of our plugins and have then uploaded fresh copies of the latest versions?

karen
    Participant

I can confirm that most recently as this morning. I use Easy theme upgrader for the most part. Which, backs up the files, deletes them, then installs the latest version. Under General Settings there is an Events Url setting: which says events, not events/month… could that be the cause?
    I have used caching in the past but they are a headache and I have disabled all but FAST CACHE in which you can choose which pages you would like to cache.
    BAKED IN Code? (looks puzzled)…
    I hope this helps somewhat.

Barry

I use Easy theme upgrader for the most part.

I’m not aware of this tool but I can’t help but wonder if this is the problem. Normally people update using the normal WordPress update process from either Dashboard > Updates or the else the plugin admin screen – or else they do so manually.

If you are using something else such as “Easy Theme Upgrader” then that could be at the root of this problem. Are you comfortable working with an FTP client or your web host’s file manager (if there is one)?

If so, can you delete our plugins entirely and then upload them afresh without any non-standard tools? My fear is that this tool may not actually be removing old files from the plugin directory when it performs updates and that that may be causing this problem.

I have disabled all but FAST CACHE in which you can choose which pages you would like to cache.

If deleting our plugins and manually reinstalling them doesn’t solve this then please disable this plugin and see if that helps.

BAKED IN Code? (looks puzzled)…

Sorry for the confusion!

Some themes actually contain their very own copy of The Events Calendar – however it may not be the same version (or indeed may have been substantially modified from) our current release. If that’s the case hopefully you are aware of it, perhaps because it was a prominent feature advertised by the theme author.

I suspect this isn’t the case, but in the event that the first two troubleshooting steps don’t work we can look at this as a possibility.

Let me know if you need further help/clarification!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Error at top of page…’ is closed to new replies.