Error 500 internal admin facebook import page goes down before loading

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error 500 internal admin facebook import page goes down before loading

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jakub
    Participant

Hi guys,

as you suggest I split up my yesterday question so here we go.

I am using your best plugin ever for facebook, but, when I am trying to open the import link (wp-admin) after few moments of loading it goes down with 500 error. Yes, there is huge amount of sources (pages) is it because of that or is that because of server time out? What can I do?

Thanks

Jakub

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Jakub,

Sorry for the issues I can help out here.

Usually a 500 error on that page means the script times out. How many pages are you trying to import Events from?

If there are too many for the server to handle the error you are getting is expected.

When that page loads it gets a list of each Facebook Page’s events and then checks to see if it has been imported or not.

Since the script has to wait on Facebook for the list for each page it can drag on how long the script can take.

If you can increase the PHP timeout limit that may help, but you may also have to reduce the amount of pages you are pulling from as well.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Jakub
    Participant

Thank you Brian,

now I know what is going on.

Can you please tell me when the new release will be (preliminary date)? And is there any chance this release will import events in any better way?

Or could we speak about any custom solution for me, that will work with a lot of facebook pages?

Thank you so much!

Jakub

Brian
    Keymaster

I do not have a timeline for the next release, but hoping it will be out before May, but that is not a guarantee.

We are working to optimize the import process, but there still will be a limit how many that will be able to be imported.

You can use the contact form on the site to inquire about custom solutions, but I am unable to provide anything on the forums.

Will have a list of people that might be able to help out on a customization:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Thanks

Jakub
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I think i Finally solved the problem with vps solution, where I can have unlimited timeout.

But, another problem showed up. I am able to open the importing page…so I can import my pages manually, but now the automatic cron import does not work. I think the problem is the same like in this thread – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/fb-automatic-import-workin-or-not/ (but I do not know what to change)

1. I tried – disable auto wp cron and hit wp-cron.php with vps cron – nothing
    2. I tried – hit enabled auto wp cron manually through the plug in – nothing

Can you tell me where could be the problem or what could I change (php.ini) or what?

Thank you so much Brian and sorry for to many questions.

Jakub

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad you solved one problem.

We have an issue where the Automatic Importer Timesout and it does not pick up where it left off and just tries to import the same events over and over. We have a fix to this in the next version that should be out late next month, but I do not have a exact timeline to give.

If you check the box to manually import all your events you have and then as new ones come available does the automatic importer start again?

What about changing the frequency? Does that help?

Jakub
    Participant

It seems, when I import all of my events manually, sometimes it works with small amount of events downloaded automatically.

Thank you Brian, I will wait for the update 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok glad it is working some what.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Error 500 internal admin facebook import page goes down before loading’ is closed to new replies.