ERROR 404 Not found

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ERROR 404 Not found

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fguijarrob
    Participant

Hi!
    First of all, thanks a lot for this pluggin, it is fantastic! I have installed Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO and it seems that always that I don’t have a future event, if I click on the EVENTS tab http://www.o-dvision.com/ , it appears the “ERROR 404 Not Found on the upper tap of the window”.
    Do you know why?

Another question: If I Access to my WP-Dashboard, it appears the next message: “Your version of The Events Calendar is not up-to-date with one of your The Events Calendar add-ons. Please update now.”
    The problem is that it is not possible to update the versión because this link is not working properly on my wp-admin dashboard. The versions I have installed are:
    Events Calendar 3.1
    Events Calendar PRO 3.2

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Hello! First, I am not a tribe support person, so that is my disclaimer. That being said I have recently experienced both of these issues and have just solved them myself so I might as well share. See the following thread for details and my solutions, you will need to be familiar with wordpress coding though…

404 on upcoming listing with no events, fixed with code inserted into my function.php file:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/no-upcoming-events-list-view-gives-404-error/#post-75679

I had this same issue with updating pro to 3.2, but the base event plugin would not notice the 3.2 update. I ended up having to deactivate pro 3.2 and then manually (through ftp) delete base 3.1 and upload base 3.2, then reactivate pro 3.2:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-see-update-for-base-events-calendar-3-2/

fguijarrob
    Participant

Hi Denise!
    Thanks a lot for your post! I have inserted into my function.php the code and it works properly! 404 issue disappeared!
    Otherwise, I have read your post “Can’t see update for base Events Calendar 3.2” but I did not understand if you delete all the Events Calendar PRO folder or just a some files.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Barry

Hi fguijarrob: if you are updating manually then (take a backup first of course!) you would normally remove the existing plugin directory before uploading the new version. You could alternatively overwrite it, but that could leave legacy files in place which isn’t normally desirable.

Let me know if you need further help (+ thanks Denise for helping out here!).

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Hi fguijarrob, I did not remove any pro files. I just deactivated pro. Then I deleted all files for event calendar base through ftp, then up uploaded the new 3.2 for base – again with ftp. Then logged into admin and base said 3.2 as it should and then I reactivated pro.

And yes, like Barry said, backups for sure!

Barry

Yes indeed, I misread (re PRO versus the core plugin) but pretty much as Denise says 😉

Good luck!

fguijarrob
    Participant

Thanks Denise and Barry! I appreciate it!! 🙂

Barry

No problem – I’ll go ahead and close this thread, of course if there is anything else we might be able to help with please don’t hesitate to create a new thread or threads as needed.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘ERROR 404 Not found’ is closed to new replies.