Can’t see update for base Events Calendar 3.2

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can’t see update for base Events Calendar 3.2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Denise Crosbie
    Participant

I see there is a 3.2 update for both event calendar and event calendar pro. I see the update in the plugins section of wordpress to update event calendar pro. I can’t get wordpress to notice that there is an update to event calendar – the base plugin. I even tried your recommendation of going into the updates section and clicking “check again” How on earth can I get this base updated? I have pro update, and I keep getting an error in the dash board about how the base isn’t a compatible version because it is still at 3.1.

Chris
    Participant

Try:
    1. Deactivate Pro
    2. Deactivate Base version
    3. Activate Base version
    4. Activate Pro

Then if it doesn’t show try checking again
    -Chris

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Still no go. Should I delete the pro and then see if I can upgrade the base then? Will I lose my pro settings?

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

I have even tried deleting the pro folder directly through ftp and did “check again” for base and still no good. I did not want to use the “delete” function from the plugin because I did not want to lose my pro settings data.

What about deleting the base 3.1 files through ftp, then just download 3.2 direct from wordpress plugin area and then upload 3.2 files to the pro folder. Will this work or have their been database updates as well?

Chris
    Participant

Yeah, FTP delete for core works fine, so long as you FTP delete the old, and then FTP up the new before you go back into your dashboard.

-Chris

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

K, I just updated manually with the files for base and then reactivate pro and I was all set. Didn’t lose any settings so that is good. Manual update was a pain though.

Chris
    Participant

Glad you got it sorted. The good news if you should never ever have to do it again

-Chris

Leah

Hi there,

I’m happy to report that we have fixed this in our upcoming version 3.4. Keep an eye on your Plugins page for an update message! Thanks for your patience while we worked on this.

Best,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t see update for base Events Calendar 3.2’ is closed to new replies.