Entire widgets.php page becomes unresponsive after adding Events Calendar widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Entire widgets.php page becomes unresponsive after adding Events Calendar widget

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

Steps to reproduce this bug:

1. Enable Events Calendar and PRO
    2. Add Events Calendar widget (I added to sidebar)
    3. /wp-admin/widgets.php becomes unresponsive

I’ve tried deleting both The Events Calendar and PRO, but re-adding them makes the widget still active in the sidebar, so the page continues to be unresponsive. I’ve also switched themes to Twentyseventeen and I’m still stuck without the ability to modify any widget settings.

I can provide a login to my dashboard to check this out. Very strange.

Geoff B.

Good evening Alexander and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about this very strange issue impacting your /wp-admin/widgets.php page.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict with another plugin at play.

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. From there, you reactivate plugins one-by-one.

It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

If the above doesn’t help, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket

Let me know how that goes.

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Entire widgets.php page becomes unresponsive after adding Events Calendar widget’ is closed to new replies.