Help Desk

Enterprise Calendar – Integration with Outlook Permissions

Hello,

I’m potentially interested in the Events Calendar Pro product, but would ideally want that to integrate with our existing outlook permissions so that the calendar is only accessible by our employees. I’d also like to limit permissions for who can add events to the calendar. Are these possible in the current application or would they be possible with a custom build?

Hi, Rachel.

Our plugins use WordPress user profiles but we do not have access restrictions of our own. Your request sounds like a Single Sign On (SSO) sort of setup. You could probably find an existing plugin or do custom coding to bridge Outlook/Active Directory things with the WordPress login.

We actually do not have access controls for our calendar, but various WordPress membership plugins (or some pretty simple custom code) can usually restrict content based on URLs and/or Custom Post Types (of which we have 3: Events, Organizers, Venues).

By default, your logged in users would likely be Subscribers and therefore only be able to read posts (including our custom post type posts). You could upgrade specific users to be Contributors, Authors, Editors, etc.

It sounds like you might not be familiar with WordPress’ user roles so here’s a helpful reference: https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

So, I’d say if you are using WordPress at all with your SSO setup, our calendar can likely do what you need it to do.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Enterprise Calendar – Integration with Outlook Permissions’ is closed to new replies.