Entered info into calendar, but page won't load

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Entered info into calendar, but page won't load

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carol Robidoux
    Participant

Seems like a new issue, although I haven’t used the calendar for a few months. Just tried to add an event. It populates on the home page, but when you click it you get a blank page. Url is there but no content.

George
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry you’re having trouble here. I’m curious, is your events page this page? → http://manchesterinklink.com/category/resources-for-living-or-visiting-in-manchester/events/

If so, when I go to this page and click a single event there, it loads fine.

If this is not your Events page, I’m really sorry! Can you share a link directly to it just so we can see the problem live?

Also, in the meantime, a few questions:
    1. What version of WordPress are you running on your site?
    2. What other plugins do you have installed on your site?
    3. If you go to “Settings > Permalinks” in your WordPress admin area and click “Save Changes”, without actually changing anything, does this issue improve at all? This little trick just refreshes the permalinks on your site, which may help here.

Thanks,
    George

Carol Robidoux
    Participant

No that’s not my events calendar, it’s just a category for stories about events. The direct link is here: http://manchesterinklink.com/events/
    I have several installed plug ins as it’s a daily news site. I will try saving changes under settings and see if anything happens.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the link, I checked it out and indeed found a white blank page.

This could indicate some serious problems going on, so we’ve got to troubleshoot quite a bit here.

First of all, do any errors pop up on your site if you head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);?

That will display PHP errors on your site if any exist, which can help.

After making this change, if no errors pop up, I’m curious – if you activate a default theme, like Twenty Thirteen (or a more recent version, etc.), do you get the same blank white screen?

Finally, for now, can you specify:
    2. What are the exact plugins, by name, that you have installed on your site?

Thank you!
    George

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by George.
    Carol Robidoux
    Participant

I appreciate your help, but have no idea how to access the wp-config.php to run a test. I just wanted a simple user-friendly plug-in to create a working calendar. Frustrated.

Carol Robidoux
    Participant

I went in to the dashboard and clicked into Editor under appearance, but I don’t see a wp-config.php. Are you saying I have to access this through the GoDaddy dashboard rather than my site’s dashboard? I really need some technical help. This is a paid plug-in and I am not able to use it.

George
    Participant

Hello,

Editing wp-config.php does indeed require going beyond the admin editor and diving into your site’s file structure. If you’re not able to do this, no worries. The next best thing I can recommend is to proceed one-by-one through each of the following steps, and report back on your findings for each one:

2. If you go to “Settings > Permalinks” in your WordPress admin area and click “Save Changes”, without actually changing anything, does this issue improve at all? This little trick just refreshes the permalinks on your site, which may help here.
    3. If the “fix” in #2 here does not help, please run through the steps outlined in this article → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/. What do you find by doing these steps?

Sorry for your frustrations here Carol. These three action steps here are the best troubleshooting steps we can take from here, and might be extremely helpful in learning what’s causing your issues.

Let us know what you find!

Thank you,
    George

Carol Robidoux
    Participant

I’m using WP 4.1.1 Blargo. I will run through the tests either late tonight or on the weekend when my traffic is down so as not to disrupt. Thank you.
    I’m not opposed to dive into my site’s file structure, but I’m not sure where to find that.

George
    Participant

Hey Carol,

Sounds good, keep us posted on what you find with those tests. If you’re comfortable diving into your site files, your wp-config.php should be right in the main directory of your site – you can also definitely contact your web host’s customer support for help on locating this if you’re not sure where to look.

However, I think for now the most fruitful thing to do is to run through those steps one-by-one.

Keep us posted Carol, and thanks for being patient with this issue. I’ve been in your shoes before and understand how frustrating it can be when things don’t work, so hopefully we can figure out a resolution here promptly!

Thank you! 🙂
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Entered info into calendar, but page won't load’ is closed to new replies.