Email RSVPs

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Email RSVPs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Michael Burke
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m having multiple problems, but they all center around 1 concept: emailing folks who have RSVP’d to an event.

Issue 1 – on the “My Events” page on the front end, I click on the “ATTENDEES” button, and it says that 3 tickets have been sold, but no one’s name shows up in the list below it. If I click on the “PRINT” button, they attendees show up, but not on the website. When I click on “EMAIL” a pop-up box appears, but it just opens my website, not an email dialogue.

Issue 2 – on the back-end of the site, if I click on the “Attendees” of an event, check the boxes next to the names of the people, and choose “EMAIL”, a pop-up comes up with some PHP Errors.

I’ve attached screenshots to help with this.

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggles you have experienced with Tickets on your website so far.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As it turns out, there are a couple of glitches impacting certain themes such as the Jupiter theme right now. We apologize for the inconvenience.

There is event a bug ticket open for this specific topic.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

In the meantime, there are a couple of things you could try as workarounds:

1. Try pasting the following snippet in your WordPress theme’s functions.php: https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/bedaf6534e1b3ca435ea4cd6aae23d2e
    2. If that does not cut it, you can do the following 2 changes
      1. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-fieldset-2/#post-1172209
      2. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-fieldset-2/#post-1172622

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Michael Burke
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for the response. I added the code you mentioned to my functions.php file. and the result you will see in the attached image. The attendees now show up, but they are statically displayed near the bottom of the browser (they do not scroll and they can not be seen in their entirety).

I also added the two suggested edits to my Abstract_Field.php file, but that seemed to have no affect. I also tried leaving the functions.php as default and only making the changes to the Abstract_Field.php file – the result was exactly the same.

So, we are closer, but not quite there yet. What should I try next? We’re trying to go live with this site by Nov. 1…

Thanks
    Mike

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

I am glad we are making progress.

There are a couple of places we can go from here:

1. Could you tell me which version of Jupiter you are using, if it is newer than 5.2 can you send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link, in a private reply (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?
    2. Open a ticket with the folks from the Jupiter theme (they were super helpful whenever their customers have done that so far).
    3. Send me the direct URL to the page in your example (I think we can fix this with CSS)

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Michael Burke
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

Thank you for writing back, for the files and for opening a ticket with the good folks from Jupiter.

I took a look at the suggested page and I can’t seem to see the table from your previous screenshot (after you added the snippet). Did you change anything since we last spoke ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Michael Burke
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Michael Burke
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

Yes, the guys at Artbees are top notch. I have several licenses with them because their support is so amazing.

They add this to my CSS:

.wp-list-table.fixed.attendees {
    position: relative;
    }

And that fixed the issue.

Ok, but we are not out of the woods yet. 2 things:

1- from the attendees page, if i click the “email” button, I get a pop-up that just loads the homepage of the site. In the admin section, this same button pops up a dialogue box to email the attendee list to a user or email address. Should the same thing happen on the front end?

2- how do I email the attendees? My client wants the event owner to be able to email all the attendees from the front end in case of things like cancellations or venue changes or anything really. Is there a way to do this?

and a 3rd (but not critical) issue: these pages, the “my events page” and the “attendees” page look kind of lousy on mobile. I’m not sure if thats a TEC issue or a Jupiter issue tho….

Geoff B.

Hey Michael,

That is fantastic! Thank you for sharing.

As per your remaining questions:

1- from the attendees page, if i click the “email” button, I get a pop-up that just loads the homepage of the site. In the admin section, this same button pops up a dialogue box to email the attendee list to a user or email address. Should the same thing happen on the front end?

This is a glitch that you can workaround.
    This happens because of the Block access to WordPress dashboard under Events -> Settings -> Community

For now you need to unblock the organizer/subscriber role for things to work.

The good news is that has been identified by other users as a legitimate bug.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point. But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

2- how do I email the attendees? My client wants the event owner to be able to email all the attendees from the front end in case of things like cancellations or venue changes or anything really. Is there a way to do this?

The Email button would be the way to go (or exporting the attendee list and sending the email “manually” elsewhere.

these pages, the “my events page” and the “attendees” page look kind of lousy on mobile. I’m not sure if thats a TEC issue or a Jupiter issue tho….

You are right, the CSS could definitely use some work here. I will do a few tests and get back to you on this one.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Michael Burke
    Participant

Ok. I look forward to hearing your response regarding the fix and the CSS changes. Thanks!

Michael Burke
    Participant

I may have spoke too soon!

Now, the attendees list is not visible in the admin area. The attendees are there, because I can export this list and they show properly. Its not a text-color issue because I tried to highlight in the blank area and nothing showed up. Any idea?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Michael,

Yikes, this not good news!

I will take a look at this later on tonight, but I wanted to chime in to say we have not forgotten about you. We are simply handling a very high number of questions and threads after the last release (4.3).

We apologize for the delays this is causing.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Michael Burke
    Participant

Thank you for the check-in. I await your response.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Email RSVPs’ is closed to new replies.