Email Obfustication

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Email Obfustication

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

I followed the instructions detailed on https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/email-obfuscation-with-email-address-encoder/ and put the code in my theme’s Functions.php file, but I can still see the email address (unlinked, I’ll have to install the WP-Mailto thingy this chap talks about) both on the page and in the source code.

Call me Mr Silly, but does this mean that the coding has not worked?

Nico

Howdy James,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Just checked the plugin’s FAQ, and you surely want to check #2. So Mr Silly -just kidding- check on that and let me know 😉

Best,
    Nico

James
    Participant

Ah, I did the Firefoxy thing and saw some gibberish, so obviously I’m only Mr Half Silly.

However, I tried the WP-Mailto plug-in that the other chap mentioned as the one I have on there does not hyperlink the addresses, but when I activated it the email section just disappeared completely.

So I just deactivated it, reactivated the original and my site’s visitors can just copy/paste if they wanna send an email!

Thansk

Nico

Hey James,

Great to hear you could work this out!

You can also check this Knowledge base article: Make organizer email a mailto field. Not sure if it applies to your needs but it might.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to help.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Email Obfustication’ is closed to new replies.