Email notification to multiple organizers for RSVPs.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Email notification to multiple organizers for RSVPs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

There are a couple of snippets out there (links below) for BCCing the event organizer when a user RSVPs for an event. However, this doesn’t work when there are multiple organizers as only one gets the email. Is there a way to BCC to all organizers?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/email-notification-to-event-organizer-upon-receipt-of-rsvp/

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/6118326-notify-event-organizer-of-ticket-purchase-or-rsvp

Jonathan
    Participant

So… I guess the question is why does tribe_get_organizer_email only return the email address of one organizer when multiple organizers are listed. I see tribe_get_organizers can be passed with an arg to return all organizers for a single event… can we then query that result for the emails?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I’ll be happy to help you with this topic.

You can tweak the snippet to first get all the organizers using the tribe_get_organizers() function to return all the organizers in an array of organizer post objects.

Getting the organizers ID’s from that array and passing them as an argument in the tribe_get_organizer_email() function, you can get all the organizers emails to add them in the tribe_rsvp_email_headers.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Jonathan
    Participant

Would it be possible to gather multiple email addresses from a single organizer entry? I observe a simple comma-delimited list does not work as only the first is passed.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan!

You will need to create a loop that uses the tribe_get_organizer_email() function inside to get each organizers email address and saves it into a variable as a string of comma separated email addresses, that you can then use in the tribe_rsvp_email_headers.

Does it help? We are limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions, but we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

Let me know if you need further help tweaking the snippet to achieve that.

Best,
    Victor

Jonathan
    Participant

Thanks. I believe we are in the same boat wherein the client is casually asking for custom development and we are trying to do so if there is an easy way but not if it requires any real time expenditure. (Since they won’t be paying for it!) If there is a simple way (that falls within your support limitations) of modifying the snippet to send the RSVP notification to multiple recipients, I will gladly accept it. If not, I will pass on to the end client that this will require custom work.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for following up with this. I really understand your situation.

I will try to come up with a working snippet to accomplish what you are looking for. However, it might take me a couple of days before I can take a look into this, depending on our help desk load.

I will come back as soon as I have something, so please hang in there 🙂

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan!

My apologies for taking so long to get back to this. We’ve been really busy for the past weeks and I’ve just found some time to work on this.

I have been able to tweak the snippet so that it sends a copy of the ticket email to all the event organizers that have a valid email address.

I haven’t tested much, so please test it out and let me know if it works for your site:

https://gist.github.com/vicskf/c807167bd0a89a13af7f9ad8d351d184

Best,
    Victor

Jonathan
    Participant

No worries, Victor. I have tested and all is working well. I have notified the end client so they can confirm. Will it be okay if I share this with the User Voice thread linked above?

Thanks,

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for your confirmation!

Yes, that’s a good idea. You can go ahead and share the snippet so others can make use of it 🙂

I appreciate your help.

Is there anything else I can help you with? Let me know

Best,
    Victor

Jonathan
    Participant

That’s it, thanks.

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for confirming Jonathan!

I’ll close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Email notification to multiple organizers for RSVPs.’ is closed to new replies.