Edit Submission Page: ……. /events/community/add

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Edit Submission Page: ……. /events/community/add

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Marianne Steiner.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marianne Steiner
    Participant

How can I’edit this page: events/community/add
    “Bitte zuerst anmelden” is totally confusing for users. I would like to write a text, to explain, what to do in a understandable way. Also I would like to write text in the submission form, only readable for the users that submit an event.

Hunter

Hello 🙂

Welcome back! You would need to explore the Themer’s Guide for instructions on how to create and save custom templates.

Another helpful resource is our Adding Content Above or Below Community Events Pages tutorial. Please let me know how things work out and have a great weekend ahead. Cheers!

Marianne Steiner
    Participant

Ohhh, dear Hunter, I spent hours with “Customizing Template Files” and “Adding Content Above or Below Community Events Pages”. It’s very hard, ’cause it’s in english and my language is german.

I copied the templates, put them in a new folder in the theme …. but: how and where can I’ delete this “Bitte zuerst anmelden” and replace it with a text, making sens.
    I used “Adding content above ….” but: everybody can see it and I want it only visible for users, submitting an event.
    The users submitting events in my calendar are all middle aged swiss women (like me), afraid to make a mistake, knowing nothing about it, hoping I would save them.

So well, I’ll give an other try when I feel like it and let you know about my success or fail.

Hunter

Hello and thank you for the update. I understand these tasks can be daunting, so it’s always best to try them out on a test site before doing so on your live site to see the full effects in case anything goes wrong.

There are plenty of affordable developers available for hire in these instances, so if you go that route just be sure to fully vet the potential candidate prior to agreeing on anything. Our list of non-affiliated customizers is a good place to start. Please keep me updated with your progress and best of luck. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit Submission Page: ……. /events/community/add’ is closed to new replies.