EDIT ALL in Events Calendar Pro is not working. Browser hangs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO EDIT ALL in Events Calendar Pro is not working. Browser hangs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alec Moss
    Participant

Hello,

We have Events Calendar Pro v4.4.18 and The Events Calendar v4.6.2

Editing or entering single events seems fine, but in the case of a recurring event, when I click ‘Edit All’ the page does not complete loading. I have tried in different browsers, and Firefox tells me:-

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

http://www.OURDOMAIN.org…oad%5B%5D=e,plupload&ver=4.8.3:2

Your earliest response would be appreciated…

Patricia

Hey Alec,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m so sorry to hear that you are having performance issues while trying to edit your recurring events!

This problem is usually associated with the number of recurrences you have in a specific event. To get started, I would recommend you to install and activate our extension “Recurring Event Cleanup Tool” and head over to Tools > Available tools. You’ll see a list (like this one) containing all recurring events.

If there are events with a high number of recurrences (like the first event in the attached screenshot), I would recommend you to backup your database and delete them. You can then recreate the instances based on your needs by editing these events later.

I would also recommend you to head over to Events > Settings > General Settings and change the “Clean up recurring events after” and “Create recurring events in advance for” options to a smaller number to avoid new performance issues in the future.

If your events don’t have a high number of recurrences, please let me know and I’ll be happy to further investigate your case!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Alec Moss
    Participant

Hello Patricia,

Thankyou for this insight, although it has not helped with our problem.

I have installed the extension, and checking in Available Tools, I see two recurring events, one with 24 recurrences and the other with just 7.

We have now the Events > Settings set to:-
    * Clean up recurring events after: 1 month
    * Create recurring events in advance for: 3 months
    ( although we tend to only generate recurring events 1 or sometimes two months in advance )

Surely this number would not be responsible for the failure to load the ‘Edit All’ page?
    The ‘Script Stopped Working’ message happens if we try to ‘Edit All’ on either the Event with 7, or with 24 reccurence…

Can you help get us moving again?

Patricia

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your confirmation on this! Based on what you described, the number of recurrences is not the cause of the issue in your case.

I believe you are being affected by a bug: If a recurring event has multiple exclusions (15+) the edit event page freezes, or takes ~20s to load.

I would recommend you to access these recurring events and check the number of exclusions you have to confirm if that’s the cause of the issue in your specific case.

If the high number of event exclusions is the culprit, I’ll link this thread to our internal report and you will be notified as soon as a fix is available. If you that’s not the cause of the issue in your case, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help you with the next steps.

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Thanks,

Patricia

Alec Moss
    Participant

Hello,

I still have this problem. To reiterate:-

When I attempt to ‘Edit All’ on a recurring event, the browser hangs.

This means that I cannot access the event to check the number of exclusions, however – I am certain there are not many.

Please do help with next steps to resolving this issue.

PS
    I have updated the core plugin to 4.6.6, and the PRO plugin to 4.4.19

Regards
    Alec

Patricia

This reply is private.

Alec Moss
    Participant

This reply is private.

Alec Moss
    Participant

On its way

Virus-free.
    http://www.avast.com

Best regards

Alec Moss – Managing Director
    Business Web Page
    Carlton House, Market Place,
    Reepham, Norwich,
    Norfolk, NR10 4JJ
    t: 01603 898 148
    m: 07876 337 339
    e: [email protected]
    w: http://www.businesswebpage.co.uk/

Confidentiality and Disclaimer
    This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely
    for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
    opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
    represent those of Business Webpage Ltd. If you are not the intended
    recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based
    upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the
    sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Alec Moss
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘EDIT ALL in Events Calendar Pro is not working. Browser hangs’ is closed to new replies.