EDD checkout shows error with negative amount of available tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus EDD checkout shows error with negative amount of available tickets

• This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Jan Kvasnicka KULT, spolek.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    we can’t troubleshoot the odd behavior.
    There are calendar events configured, each one with two types of tickets. Both tickets’ types use common stock.
    Later during ticket selling occur these situations:
    1. One ticket type is unavailable, although the second type is available. It could be sometimes repaired by the actualization of stock drawing method.
    2. EDD Checkout displays an error with a negative number of available tickets, although I could add them previously to the basket.

Some issues could be caused by events duplication (with TEC) or by misuse of tickets’ UIDs.

In sum, our solution Event Cal + Events Tickets Plus + EDD + our configuration is totally unreliable and we don’t know why and what to change.

Can you help us?
    Thanks.

Hello technical support,
    could anyone be helpful with our issue?

Thanks.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Jan,

Apologies for the delay here, I’d be happy to help you out! πŸ™‚Β In order to help, I would like to get some more information from you, if I can:

-First, if you could please test for conflicts by following this documentation? Let me know what you find. This will help me determine how deeply we need to look into the specific configuration of your site, or if this is a bug. πŸ™‚
    -Can you send me a link to your site so I can see this firsthand? I can often be more helpful in giving solutions to problems I can see and interact with.

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Hi,
    yes, I tested it in the basic environment and the issues persist.
    The URL is http://vstupenky.festivalkult.cz/test/?tribe_events=kredenc-7-9.
    It is a direct link to the action with the No.1 issue – common stock, but only one ticket’s type available.
    There will be the No.2 issue after repair.

Jan

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again Jan,

Unfortunately the link you sent me can’t be accessed unless I’m logged in, can you send me a public facing link so I can help out with this?

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi, when I open the above URL, http://vstupenky.festivalkult.cz/test/?tribe_events=kredenc-7-9,
    I can see the attached picture. And that is the problem. Either both of tickets should be available, or no one.
    Is it more clear now?

Jan

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Jan,

Thank you so much for clarifying! Now I see!

Can you tell me, did you switch to global stock at some point or have they always been drawing from global stock?

When did the one option start to show the out of stock notice?

Also, could you create a separate dev environment in English (otherwise identical) and see if it’s still happening then?

We’ll get to the bottom of this! πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Hi Shelby,
    at the beginning they surely have been drawing from global stock. I can’t determine point in time or in amount, when Out of stock has appeared.
    We could watch this behaviour at more calendar events.
    One possible reason (at some events) could be we left same unique ticket identifier after duplication for this event. But at other events with the same behaviour we use unique identifier.
    Regarding English environment – it is already an english copy for testing purposes, just with some rest content in Czech.

Do exist some prepared SQL queries over metadata, witch could show us, how many tickets with given identifiers were really sold?

Jan

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Jan,

I’m going to do some testing with this to see if I can possibly replicate it in my test environment and I will get back with you when I have more information. Thanks for hanging in there! πŸ™‚

Best,

Shelby

Hi Shelby,
    I was wondering, do you have some update?
    We are just before a big film festival with many events, tickets and ticket types and we need to choose really reliable platform. Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Ahoj Jan,

Shelby is busy with some other engagements in the coming 1-2 weeks. I’m taking this over from her so we can move forward.

I was running some tests on my local site and couldn’t reproduce the issue.

Then I took the liberty to check your test site and saw what the problem is.

What I did then is simply re-saved the ticket that had the out of stock issue on the front. Edit the ticket and click save without changes. And now it shows properly on the front-end.

http://vstupenky.festivalkult.cz/test/?tribe_events=kredenc-7-9

Note: I moved the event to the future so we can see.

I don’t know why and how this issue could have come. Might be it was a result on an update of EDD or our plugins, or something totally else. Really no clue.

Though it might be a bit time consuming to do this for all events / tickets that are having this issue, this might be the fastest solution for the moment. Please check and let me know if it works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hi Andras,
    I know the recovery process you mentioned.
    But we need to solve the cause because we canΒ΄t periodically check events for this issue.
    A big theatre festival’s sale should begin on Monday, with twenty events covering 4000 tickets, which have to be being continuously sold. If a potentional customer can see Out of stock for the given date he is free, he leaves website to find another competetive entertainment.

It occured at more events in past.
    We didn’t make any plugin updates in time between correct and incorrect outputs.

I have another one occurrence – can we run some SQL queries to find some differencies between correct, incorrect and repaired records?

Jan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,

It is difficult to say and check. If you can share with me a database dump I can try to investigate, but it might take a day or two.

Did this happen before / does it happen regularly?

Does is happen with tickets that you fix, so does the error come back somehow later?

We don’t know what the source of the issue is, how this came to be unfortunately.

It can be a bug with our plugin, though we haven’t received any other reports on this, so that’s unlikely. Or some other plugin might cause interference. Maybe the payment gateway has to do something with it. Difficult to say. These can only be eliminated with testing.

If you send me the db dump, then I’ll take a look at it as soon as I can to figure out the differences.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘EDD checkout shows error with negative amount of available tickets’ is closed to new replies.