EDD Bot marking payments as paid twice adding attendees two times to an event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events EDD Bot marking payments as paid twice adding attendees two times to an event

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anne-Marie
    Participant

See below log of the EDD bot:

Because the EDD Bot changes the status from ‘in afwachting’ (awaiting completion) to ‘Voltooid’ (completed) two times the customer receives twice the amount of tickets for which he or she paid for.

Thankfully enough our clients are honest enough to mention this when they visit our events as we have no way of checking this other than manually checking each and every payment/order with the amount of tickets that order resulted in. This is not a realistic option.

This has happened at least twice in the last 400 or so ticket orders.

Oddly (and luckily) enough the inventory (or available stock) is not reduced twice so we are still able to sell out our events, even though more tickets are actually handed out by the system than what we technically have space for. -_-

This would also possibly explain some counting errors when comparing the amount of attendees as displayed by the system, actual number of people in the list of attendees and the displayed number of sold tickets. I must say that this is quite intransparent. Would’ve been nice if a more comprehensible dashboard for the number of available places for all events in one overview had been included in the update to event tickets plus. But that’s not the issue here.

Please advise on the double adding of attendees twice. As we’re selling a fixed amount of chairs at our events I’d like to know wether 4 or 5 extra ‘buffer’-chairs for errors in the webshop will be required in the future.

We’re using Event Tickets (4.0.5) Plus (4.0.4), Easy Digital Downloads (2.5.9, with gateway fees 1.4.3) and Pronamic iDEAL (version 3.9.0).

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Anne-Marie.
    George
    Participant

Hey Anne-Marie,

I’m sorry to hear about these issues—I have not heard of this issue before, and on my local testing site where I test both WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads, I don’t have any behavior like this.

Now, the stock issues are known bugs; we’ve made some fixes to the code in our most recent releases that should help here.

To see if our current software works any better than the versions you list having, the first order of business here before any other support steps can be taken is to update your Modern Tribe plugins to 4.1.

• Event Tickets is now at version 4.1
    • Event Tickets Plus is now at version 4.1

Once you update to 4.1, can you do the following steps:

1. Confirm if the same issues persist, or are different in any way.

2. Share your “system information” with me here. Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

3. Can you confirm if there’s anything clearly different about the tickets that DO have this problem of their attendees being added twice? Are you able to spot on any pattern about these instances? Anything at all—do they all happen to be free events, for example? Or at a specific venue or time of day? Anything you can think that looks like a pattern….

Thank you! All of this information will help us in trying to recreate the problem here.

George

Anne-Marie
    Participant

Concerning your third question: I’ve been trying to gather as many cases as possible to discover any pattern. Does it only happen with payments from a certain bank/iDeal-combination? No. At a certain point of time in the day? No. In any case it are paid events and it does not seem to happen when people order tickets for more than one event in a single payment (though this might be sheer coincidence). I can’t test it for certain browsers, mobile or with reloading of pages and such, though that does seem the most logical.

I’ll get back to you on 1 and 2 once we’ve updated and have seen wether the issue persists or not.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Anne-Marie.
    Anne-Marie
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you for this!

Your system information still shows Event Tickets Plus is at version 4.0.4.

First, update this to version 4.1 like everything else.

Once updated, do you have all of the same problems you described thus far?

Thank you!
    George

Anne-Marie
    Participant

With updating to 4.1 automatically the list of attendees was displayed on the event page. This is not something we wanted, so I’ve disabled it for now. Earlier I also wrote the following which is also true for the list of attendees now put on the outside of the website: “[..] some counting errors when comparing the amount of attendees as displayed by the system, actual number of people in the list of attendees and the displayed number of sold tickets. I must say that this is quite intransparent.” However, by displaying the list of attendees I suddenly seem to have 178 attendees for an event that still has 11 tickets available whilst the maximum amount of available spaces is 175. Not very customer-friendly as it can cause quite some confusion.

Once I’ve seen the error described above concerning double tickets again I’ll let you know. Can take a couple of days as sufficient orders need to come in.

George
    Participant

Hi @anne-marie,

If you do not want the public attendees list on your events page, then when creating tickets, simply click the “Hide attendees list on your events page” option which I have shown in this screenshot for you for your reference:

With this in mind, please updated to 4.1 again for Event Tickets Plus. Things will not work if you have mis-matched versions of the plugins, which you currently have.

Thank you,
    george

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘EDD Bot marking payments as paid twice adding attendees two times to an event’ is closed to new replies.