ECP + Yoast SEO + APM end date filter seems to not work

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP + Yoast SEO + APM end date filter seems to not work

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mynorthmedia
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been running into an issue with filters on the events list in the admin where the end date seemed to have no effect. I set an end date of October 1, 2014 and recurring of no and still see posts from next year.

Digging through Query Monitor, I can see where the main query of the page is (in fact, pagination in the page is based on how many results that query gives), but then a little further down, the Yoast SEO plugin must be overwriting the page query, without the end date filter but with the recurring meta query filter, oddly enough.

Only plugins I have active in local environment for testing this right now are TEC, ECP, APM, and Query Monitor. Toggled Yoast on and off for verification. Core and every plugin I have is at the latest version.

I’m not sure if this is something to be fixed with ECP, APM, or over with Yoast, to be honest. I suspect here because APM for events doesn’t work without ECP being active.

Happy to provide any extra details or help if I can. I’ll drop some screenshots and a copy of the generated queries into a reply.

mynorthmedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

mynorthmedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello mynorthmedia,

Thanks for getting in touch and reporting that!

I will check if there is something we can do about that or it needs to be handles by the Yoast team. Hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

After some investigation I found out that indeed there is a compatibility issue with Yoast SEO starting from their version 5.0

You can read a bit more about it in this thread.

On the good side Yoast is also aware of the issue and they have provided a solution which you can find here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/conflict-with-the-events-calendar-advanced-post-manager/#post-9362034

Please check and let me know if that fixes it for you.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi mynorthmedia,

Just wanted to follow-up with you on this. Did you manage to use that solution and get it working? Would love to hear your feedback.

Cheers,
    Andras

mynorthmedia
    Participant

Hey, thanks for finding that and following up.

Yes, disabling the Text link counter as described in one of the links inside the link you sent did end up working.

It’d be great to ultimately be able to keep that feature of that plugin on, but for now, no one’s missing it.

Thanks again!!

—Roger

Andras
    Keymaster

Happy to hear that helped, Roger! Awesome!

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP + Yoast SEO + APM end date filter seems to not work’ is closed to new replies.