ECP – slowing down my widget page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP – slowing down my widget page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nigel
    Participant

Hi,

I recently added the ECP. Since then I’m not able to customize sidebars on my widget page. Eiter the sidebars don’t load at all, or either they load, and I’m not able to make any changes to them (drag and drop).

Any new sidebar I create in the theme panel doesn’t add to the widget page too.

I tried deactivating all other plugins – the problem persisted. (plugins I use currently – Visual Com, Yoast SEO, tagDiv Social Counter, SumoMe, Contact form7, Akismet, EC & ECP)

The moment I deactivated EC – my widget page loaded super fast, and the new sidebars I added were visible. I was able to drag and drop too to customize the new sidebars.

Regards,
    Nigel

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Nigel,

Welcome to the forums! I would love to help you with this.

That is an interesting problem. We did have a performance issue

I am assuming you are on the latest versions of our plugins. But could you just confirm that you are on The Events Calendar 4.2.5 and Events Calendar Pro 4.2.5 ? The reason I ask is because a little while ago we fixed a bug along these lines.

If you are are on the latest versions would be able to install one extra plugin that will help shed light on the situation? It’s name is Query Monitor . It will tell you if there are any slow queries on the page. If you load up one of the pages that does actually load with it active, could you check the Slow Queries section and copy any queries from there to a reply here?

Copy/pasting from Query Mon can be a little difficult due to all of the information it provides. If you would prefer to generate a new admin account for your site, and share the user/pass here for me to login with I would happily do so. Just let me know which page to visit. If you prefer this route please be sure to check the box “Set as private reply” so the user/pass will be hidden from the public.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Nigel
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Please close this thread – I have another one which relates to this issue where I have submitted the details you had asked for.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-add-widgets-to-sidebars-when-ecp-is-active/#post-1155777

Regards,
    Nigel

Brook
    Participant

Done. Thanks Nigel for linking the two. I’ll keep helping you over there.

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP – slowing down my widget page’ is closed to new replies.