ECP settings "additional fields" tab is empty because of PHP error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP settings "additional fields" tab is empty because of PHP error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    somatic
    Participant

I am able to access all the other settings of Events Calendar Pro, but the Additional Fields tab is blank, because of a 500 error. Here’s the log output

[22-Jan-2017 00:19:56 UTC] event-tickets/common -  Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Jan, 22nd at 12:01:56 am
    [22-Jan-2017 00:19:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Custom_Meta.php:138
    Stack trace:
    #0 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Tribe__Events__Pro__Custom_Meta::event_meta_options('')
    #1 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #2 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/src/Tribe/Settings.php(354): do_action('tribe_settings_...')
    #4 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Tribe__Settings->generatePage('')
    #5 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #6 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #7 /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-adm in /Volumes/Omega/Sites/curtismethod.dev/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Custom_Meta.php on line 138

The code that’s failing seems to be this:

// Grab the custom fields and append an extra blank row at the end
    		$customFields   = tribe_get_option( 'custom-fields' );
    		$customFields[] = array();

I wouldn’t think this is caused by a conflict with any other plugin/theme, as it’s a failure of ECP to load and manipulate its own options. Looks like a simple bug…

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re experiencing this, and thanks for the detailed report.

This isn’t currently a known issue, and I just tried my testing site — visiting wp-admin > Events > Settings > Additional Fields — so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

It looks like you have the latest versions installed so you might consider deleting your installed Modern Tribe plugin(s) and re-installing fresh copies. Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

Deleting The Events Calendar or its add-on plugins will NOT delete any of your data if you delete it via the WordPress plugin manager because that’s how we’ve decided to code our plugin.

FYI: deleting any plugin via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager (i.e. deleting just the files from the server) will also ensure a plugin gets deleted (if you delete the entire plugin folder) without removing any data from the database. This can sometimes be helpful to know in cases where a plugin does run an uninstall routine to delete data (again, our plugins do not run such a routine at this time and probably never will).

You can also see the difference when you click to delete a plugin, like this.

===

If that doesn’t resolve things, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you can trigger.

Then, please re-share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem. (Also, I noticed the System Information Report you shared didn’t look exactly how it should with all the headings for each of the plugin’s settings.)

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP settings "additional fields" tab is empty because of PHP error’ is closed to new replies.