easily add terms & conditions checkbox + link on submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events easily add terms & conditions checkbox + link on submission form

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cp_csw
    Participant

hi
    this has been asked so often (and unfortunately not successfully addressed) that it seems it should be added as a feature…but i’ll go ahead and ask again and hope for the best.

for the community events ‘add’ event page, how to:
    -add a t&c checkbox (and link to t&c) indicating that the user has reviewed the terms that has to be checked in order for the event to be submitted?
    – make it such that this only appears on the submission page, not on the published listing page.

can you please share the code for creating such a required checkbox and link as well as where this specific code should be added?

since the community events ‘add’ page isn’t really a ‘post’ (per TEC documentation) that can be edited so it’s not as simple as finding another plugin. based on an answer to a similar question i purchased Events PRO only to find that the suggestion to add an “additional field” doesn’t do what i needed so that was not money well spent.

the answers i’ve seen to previous versions of this question have not really been satisfactory or easy to implement for the typical users of the events calendar plugin.

appreciate any help you can offer.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

After reviewing your request this essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to attempt the results that you are looking for.

For your customization, you may want to take a look at this template:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php

We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

In the meantime, if there is any more information you can share (including mocks) that will help us to better understand what you are seeking please do feel free to add them to this ticket.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Thanks!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘easily add terms & conditions checkbox + link on submission form’ is closed to new replies.