Duplicate Venue for Each Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate Venue for Each Event

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Hay
    Participant

Hi everyone,

This is a recent problem that has come up, and it is quite strange..

I believe this is only happening to such a grand extent in the case of one facebook page ID (West End Cultural Center), but new imports for their events have been creating a new Venue for each individual event imported.

I think there may be 2 different ID’s being used that represent them, but nowhere close to the number that would bring about upwards of 20 different venues.

For reference, the venues list can be seen in the filter menu at http://hus.hellowebsites.ca/events/

Here is a screenshot taken after a fresh import, after deleting ALL events calendar related posts, disabling other plugins, and reverting to WP 2015 theme:

screenshot

Any ideas what might cause this?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us! This is definitely a strange issue to be having.

I tested this out with the latest version of our Facebook plugin (version 3.9.4) and the West End Cultural Centre Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WestEndCulturalCentre. I imported all the upcoming events and then checked the Venue post type.

After importing, there was only a single venue for the West End Cultural Centre created.

For verification, can you verify which version of the plugin you are using? We recently had an update to our Facebook Events plugin, ensure that you’re using the latest version.

Additionally, have you tried following our Testing for Conflicts procedures to ensure there isn’t a conflict with another plugin on your site?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Strange, my apologies. The facebook plugin did not indicate an update was available. I updated it to 3.9.4 and tried again with all other plugins deactivated and using the TwentyThirteen theme.

Here is the list of events to import for that venue before the import is run:

screenshot

This is the result I get afterwards on the admin Venues page:

screenshot

Really not sure why it’s happening… I tried using the name WestEndCulturalCentre and the ID in two different tests but both came out looking like this.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up with this information.

When importing, are you allowing the automated import to run or are you selecting each of the checkboxes and importing directly from the import screen? Additionally, could you paste, in a private reply, the diagnostic information from the Event Settings > Help tab?

This will get me more information that I can use to configure my local install to more closely match yours in an attempt to recreate the issue.

Thanks!

Joshua Hay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for providing the additional information as well as the diagnostic information.

To start, we recommend updating all of your Events Calendar related plugins to the latest versions. We only guarantee the latest versions of each plugin to work with the latest versions of all of our plugins. There could be some minor conflicts at play between the different releases.

Also, for further testing, could you send me in a private reply a screenshot of the Facebook settings you’re using when importing https://cloudup.com/cT8D1IDpvPc? Additionally, could you send me the page names for all the Facebook pages that you’re importing from? I want to ensure I’m using as similar information as you are in attempting to recreate the issue.

Thanks!

Joshua Hay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Joshua Hay
    Participant

After updating, deleting everything (aside form categories) from the events calendar plugin, and importing again, the same issue is occurring.

Here is the ID of the West End Cultural Centre which is causing issues:

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for providing this additional information. I just tested this with a fresh install using the latest versions of the plugin. I updated my settings to match yours and then added the Facebook page IDs that you’re currently using as well.

With all of these things the same, I was able to recreate the issue that you’re experiencing. The West End Cultural Centre venue (and it looks like only that venue) gets created multiple times on import.

I’m going to do a bit more research to attempt to narrow in on the possible cause/configuration. I’ll then get an internal ticket logged for tracking this issue. As our team progresses with a solution, you’ll be notified here of our progress.

I apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks again for your post. We wanted to get in touch and let you know that although we weren’t able to address this issue in our upcoming 3.10 release, it is still very much a priority. We have a ticket in our system and will be investigating a solution to be released in a future version. Thank you for your patience and support while we work on this!

Cheers,
    The Events Calendar Team

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Thanks for the update

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for the update Leah!

To clear this thread out of our active queue, iI’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. Don’t worry though! you’ll still be notified here as we make progress on this issue.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Venue for Each Event’ is closed to new replies.