Duplicate tickets generated for orders (more tickets issued than paid for)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Duplicate tickets generated for orders (more tickets issued than paid for)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    marksalvadore
    Participant

Hi,

We are using the Event Tickets Plus plugin to sell raffle tickets and we’ve had multiple instances of a person getting issued more tickets than they’ve paid for.

We are currently using PayPal as our only payment processor and I believe I may have isolated the issue. It only seems to occur when IPN and PDT payment notifications are received simultaneously (see attached image).

A majority of the orders only receive PDT notifications. I have a feeling disabling any action for IPN notifications may clear up this issue for us. Is there anyway to disable the use of IPN notifications or have the plugin just act on PDT notifications?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

Thanks for reporting this! We have seen reports of similar behavior but your insight of IPN and PDT might take us a step further. I already added your note to the bugticket.

Could you also please share your system information with us?

Also if you could share a full database dump, that might be useful for us in investigating the issue.

Thanks,
    Andras

marksalvadore
    Participant

Thanks for the quick follow up András. Just wanted touch base with you and keep this ticket active.

I’ve been busy trying to finish up some other projects so I haven’t had the time to dump the database or grab the system information yet. I most likely won’t get the chance until next week sometime.

I went ahead and disabled PDT through the Paypal account so that it would only use IPN notifications trigger the issuing of tickets…so far so good.

The deadline for selling tickets is 2018-08-24 so instead of sending you the database and system info…how about I just clone the whole site to my production sever, wipe the customer personal info and just give you guys access to that?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We normally do not accept logins to user’s sites and in cases it is even easier for us to dig into the database through the db dump. If you could share the db dump and the system information that would be much appreciated.

No need to rush, whenever you get the time.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where we included a five minute delay to the attendee record generation that we think will solve the duplicated tickets issue you’ve been experiencing.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-13-january-2019/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for you. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to assist.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate tickets generated for orders (more tickets issued than paid for)’ is closed to new replies.