Duplicate Registrations

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Duplicate Registrations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

Hello,

So, after a month or 2 of no Duplicate registrations, they are back again. See this topic:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-registrations/

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-registrations/

So, the topic within WordPress was closed 8 weeks ago, presumably this fixed this issue, and for a few months it appeared to. Until this week.

Can you please shed any light?

Thanks,
    Lisa

Barry

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for contacting us and I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing further difficulties.

This isn’t, so far as I can tell, a general problem being reported by the majority of our users and — as was the case when Hunter previously looked at this issue — I find I am not immediately able to replicate.

That doesn’t mean there isn’t a valid bug, of course, just that it’s going to be a little harder to isolate the source of the problem.

I realize you already covered this in a previous post, but is this something you can (still) replicate with only our plugins, WooCommerce and a default theme active? I feel like there might have been confusion on this point last time round but, to be clear, you would ideally test this without any other third party plugins except for WooCommerce itself being active.

In other words, you would also need to deactivate WooCommerce-related addons and payment gateways that are not part of the core WooCommerce plugin itself.

If it is still something you can replicate then, in an effort to help us troubleshoot further without causing disruption to your live/production site, I wonder if you’d be amenable to the following strategy:

• Create a test site (that could be on a different domain, or simply a new WordPress installation in a subdirectory)
    • Install our plugins plus WooCommerce (and nothing else)
    • Confirm that you can replicate there

If, again, you can replicate the issue on the test site and you can facilitate access, we would potentially be able to look at the problem first hand (logging into and directly troubleshooting on customer sites is not something we generally do, and in those rare cases where it’s needed we’d much rather work on a test site rather than the live site, as I’m sure you can understand).

Let me know if this is viable from your perspective 🙂

Lisa
    Participant

Thanks for your response Barry,

It appears that my client was mistaken with the duplications happening, and in fact the registrants are simply making duplicate bookings as they are not receiving email confirmations. I have since troubleshooted that it is a conflict between the Woocommerce PDF invoice plugin and Wordfence.

I do have a test site already on the go for 2 other current problems with this plugin conflicting with others. So many problems with this plugin since I implemented it on this site in September 2015 – my client has had enough – so very difficult to manage!

Thanks,
    Lisa

Barry

That must be frustrating.

On the basis that – if I am understanding correctly – this specific problem is not the result of anything on our end, I’m going to mark this ticket as resolved.

If I’ve misunderstood, just let me know. Similarly if anything else crops up, please don’t hesitate to create a new support topic and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Thanks again!

Lisa
    Participant

Thanks Barry!

Barry

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Registrations’ is closed to new replies.